Pat Barnard Breckenfeld passed away November 21, 2013 in Davis, CA. She was 87. Born in Pasadena, CA, she and her family lived in Long Beach, CA, Connecticut, the Netherlands, and Houston before retiring to Truckee where they lived from 1980 - 2000. She lived in Davis since 2000 and is survived by her husband Robert, and daughters Annie and Barbara of Seattle.
- The history behind one of Lake Tahoe's most popular — and easy — hikes
- Fourth of July: Incline Village road closures, strict beach access rules set
- The Tahoe Ten: Upcoming Fourth of July events you don't want to miss
- Heavy criticism into massive Tahoe-area ski expansion proposal continues
- Mount Tallac, perhaps Lake Tahoe's greatest hike, offers stunning views