Over Memorial Day weekend the Takemusa Aikido Association held it’s 25th annual, three-day training Gasshuku seminar at the Rideout gymnasium in Tahoe City. This year’s guest instructor was Inagaki Sensei from Iwama Japan. The North Lake Tahoe Aikido Club hosted the event and has classes every Tuesday night, 5-7 p.m. at Fairway Community Center and Saturday morning, 8-10 a.m. on Commons Beach or at the Gatekeeper’s Museum.
- Grant Korgan sets world records with Tahoe paddle
- Sierra history: A look at Lake Tahoe's wonderful wood-powered steamship past
- World-class musicians coming to Lake Tahoe for 2015 SummerFest
- North Tahoe crime logs: Man grabs man's genitals in alcohol-fueled altercation
- High-elevation fires prompting change in Sierra Nevada forest management