Born in Oakland, California, on May 8, 1938, and died in Casa Grande, Arizona, on Tuesday, May 28, 2013. Art was diagnosed with cancer in mid-April and died less than six weeks later. He retired to Casa Grande in 1997 from Tahoe City, California. He will be remembered as a guy who loved to play golf, read golf, watch golf (on TV), was great fun to be around, and loved by all who knew him. Anyone who ever got the “Artie look” will never forget it! He is survived by wife Duane Johnson, (formerly of Tahoe City); his two children, daughter Rachel Johnson of Reno, Nevada and son Jeffrey Johnson of Oakland, California; and a sister, Nancy Wells of Prineville, Oregon. Art served his country and his community in the Army, was a Mason and a Shriner. During parts of Art’s life he owned and operated a service station, and a restaurant/bar. He also worked in the construction field. Art will be greatly missed!
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report more than foot of fresh snow Wednesday
- 12 Lake Tahoe-Truckee winter reads that are perfect for the holidays
- Crews working against snow to build Truckee aquatic center
- Truckee Police Logs: Suspect arrested with 'bulk marijuana, burglary tools'
- Truckee-based band Drop Theory now a Lake Tahoe mainstay