TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On June 22, 2013 at 10 a.m. the memorial for Maxwell Taft Bennett was held outside along the banks of the Truckee river. A gathering of close family and friends attended his celebration of life with memories, tears, laughter, and love. Max Bennett was commander and chief of the Tahoe Sheriff’s sub station from 1958-1979. A bag piper playing Amazing Grace, along with the sheriff’s station honor guard was also present at the event. The honor guard performed the unfolding and folding of the flag, and then, presented to his son, Christopher Bennett who resides in Susanville, Calif. and his two daughters, Sabrina Harrington and Shannah Bennett who both reside in San Diego.
- Town of Truckee shares criticism of Squaw village development
- The top five online: Tahoe-Truckee's most-read stories, July 27 to Aug. 2
- Man, 23, killed in Truckee car wreck was not wearing seatbelt
- Hot Tahoe summer brings out bears; people urged to contain trash
- Olympian Brian Gregg, Kristin Walstad win 35th Squaw Mountain Run