TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On June 22, 2013 at 10 a.m. the memorial for Maxwell Taft Bennett was held outside along the banks of the Truckee river. A gathering of close family and friends attended his celebration of life with memories, tears, laughter, and love. Max Bennett was commander and chief of the Tahoe Sheriff’s sub station from 1958-1979. A bag piper playing Amazing Grace, along with the sheriff’s station honor guard was also present at the event. The honor guard performed the unfolding and folding of the flag, and then, presented to his son, Christopher Bennett who resides in Susanville, Calif. and his two daughters, Sabrina Harrington and Shannah Bennett who both reside in San Diego.
- And the winners are: Best Of North Tahoe & Truckee 2016 results
- President Obama likely to talk Tahoe tree mortality at Aug. 31 summit
- Back to School: New this year at TTUSD — Parent University
- Kirkwood ski resort facing fines over reported wetlands contamination
- Truckee, North Tahoe Athlete Committed programs making a difference