TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On June 22, 2013 at 10 a.m. the memorial for Maxwell Taft Bennett was held outside along the banks of the Truckee river. A gathering of close family and friends attended his celebration of life with memories, tears, laughter, and love. Max Bennett was commander and chief of the Tahoe Sheriff’s sub station from 1958-1979. A bag piper playing Amazing Grace, along with the sheriff’s station honor guard was also present at the event. The honor guard performed the unfolding and folding of the flag, and then, presented to his son, Christopher Bennett who resides in Susanville, Calif. and his two daughters, Sabrina Harrington and Shannah Bennett who both reside in San Diego.
- Tahoe City duo ride waves of loss, support to establish clothing brand
- Lake Tahoe's private chef industry redefines the home-cooked meal
- Lake Tahoe residents, NDOW differ on bear management after latest incident (with video of today's release)
- Instant classic | Inaugural Castle Peak 100K could be among nation's toughest
- Lake Tahoe's Butterfly Effect 5K to raise thyroid cancer awareness