TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On June 22, 2013 at 10 a.m. the memorial for Maxwell Taft Bennett was held outside along the banks of the Truckee river. A gathering of close family and friends attended his celebration of life with memories, tears, laughter, and love. Max Bennett was commander and chief of the Tahoe Sheriff’s sub station from 1958-1979. A bag piper playing Amazing Grace, along with the sheriff’s station honor guard was also present at the event. The honor guard performed the unfolding and folding of the flag, and then, presented to his son, Christopher Bennett who resides in Susanville, Calif. and his two daughters, Sabrina Harrington and Shannah Bennett who both reside in San Diego.
- High-elevation fires prompting change in Sierra Nevada forest management
- World-class musicians coming to Lake Tahoe for 2015 SummerFest
- Tahoe wedding planner a master of her craft
- County invites IVGID officials to address alleged misconduct
- North Tahoe crime logs: Man grabs man's genitals in alcohol-fueled altercation