TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On June 22, 2013 at 10 a.m. the memorial for Maxwell Taft Bennett was held outside along the banks of the Truckee river. A gathering of close family and friends attended his celebration of life with memories, tears, laughter, and love. Max Bennett was commander and chief of the Tahoe Sheriff’s sub station from 1958-1979. A bag piper playing Amazing Grace, along with the sheriff’s station honor guard was also present at the event. The honor guard performed the unfolding and folding of the flag, and then, presented to his son, Christopher Bennett who resides in Susanville, Calif. and his two daughters, Sabrina Harrington and Shannah Bennett who both reside in San Diego.
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report more than foot of fresh snow Wednesday
- 12 Lake Tahoe-Truckee winter reads that are perfect for the holidays
- One man's trash is another man's treasure at Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe City Winter Sports Park to open day after Thanksgiving
- Canyon Springs delayed again; developer wants more time to submit modified proposal