TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On June 22, 2013 at 10 a.m. the memorial for Maxwell Taft Bennett was held outside along the banks of the Truckee river. A gathering of close family and friends attended his celebration of life with memories, tears, laughter, and love. Max Bennett was commander and chief of the Tahoe Sheriff’s sub station from 1958-1979. A bag piper playing Amazing Grace, along with the sheriff’s station honor guard was also present at the event. The honor guard performed the unfolding and folding of the flag, and then, presented to his son, Christopher Bennett who resides in Susanville, Calif. and his two daughters, Sabrina Harrington and Shannah Bennett who both reside in San Diego.
- Scientists: Climate change tightening 'alarming' grip on Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Home: Ritz-Carlton project to offer lakefront luxury experience
- Roughly $30 million Tahoe biking, walking path project to begin in August
- Brewforia beer market coming to prime North Tahoe location
- Opinion: 2 major problems with new IVGID trash policy