TAHOE, Calif. — Lake of the Sky Garden Club is looking for gardens for the 2014 tour. If you are a home owner that has a wonderful garden and would like to be on next year’s tour please call Helga Roghers at 530-546-4294 or Donna Caravelli at 530-583-4066. The Club seeks gardens to tour on the West Shore from Fanny Bridge to the Rubicon area. This “fun raiser” provides grants for community groups and scholarships for local students. Lake front gardens are especially desirable for the tour. The Lake Of The Sky Garden Club’s goals are to promote an interest in gardening, with particular emphasis on the problems at high altitude and to support charitable, educational, and scientific works; as well as initiate and participate in beautification and developmental gardening projects in the North Tahoe region. Visit www.lake-of-the-sky.org.
- The history behind one of Lake Tahoe's most popular — and easy — hikes
- Fourth of July: Incline Village road closures, strict beach access rules set
- The Tahoe Ten: Upcoming Fourth of July events you don't want to miss
- Heavy criticism into massive Tahoe-area ski expansion proposal continues
- Truckee Tahoe Lumber Co. ushering in new era with Reno-Sparks expansion