Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Sept. 17-24, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers responded to an accident with major injuries. Officers arrived at the scene on Donner Pass Road and completed investigation.
• An unknown subject threw a rock through a glass door destroying it. The incident occurred on Donner Pass Road. There is no suspect information.
• Officers responded to a tractor trailer vs. motor vehicle collision on Donner Pass Road. There were no injuries, but minor damage to the vehicles involved.
• A subject was reported harassing customers at the entrance of a business on Donner Pass Road. The subject was contacted and found to be in possession of an open alcoholic beverage container. The subject was cited and released.
• Officers responded to a local business on Donner Pass Road regarding vandalism. An unknown person threw a brick at the front door causing damage. The business owner has no idea who might have thrown the brick.
• Citizen came to the police department lobby to report that he has lost his ID.
• Victim reported personal property was stolen from her unlocked vehicle while the vehicle was parked at a local business on Donner Pass Road. The case is inactive pending suspect information.
• Reporting party contacted law enforcement to report a fictitious check from her business account had been fraudulently cashed at an unknown location by an unknown suspect.
• A juvenile at the school was contacted and found to have marijuana, a cigarette lighter and a knife on him. He was arrested and released to his guardian.
• Reporting party came to the police department to report being the victim of Craigslist scam. The reporting party requested this incident to be documented for banking purposes.
• Officers received a child neglect report. The report of neglect was unfound.
• Victim left his phone on a table at establishment on Brockway Road, when he went to the restroom. By the time he returned, the phone was taken.
• Officers stopped an adult female for a traffic violation and arrested her for DUI.
• Officers took a report of a slashed tire on a vehicle on Estates Drive. There is no suspect information, informational report was taken.
• Officers stopped a bicyclist for a vehicle code violation. An investigation determined the driver to have an active arrest warrant. The bicyclist was subsequently arrested and booked in Truckee jail.
• Officers reported a hit and run collision. The suspect was later found and was arrested for DUI.
• Alley Way (behind commercial way) was vandalized with graffiti. A suspect was caught on a security camera. Investigation is ongoing.
• Boyfriend and girlfriend were involved in a verbal argument. Both went separate ways for the evening. Report was taken for documentation purposes.
• During the Ironman event, officers responded to a vehicle parked in a special “no parking” zone. The zone had been posted and marked clearly for several days prior, notifying the public of the special parking conditions. The vehicle was obstructing the Ironman event and was subsequently towed.
• Officers responded to a stolen property call on Olympic Boulevard. The reporting party stated he left his vehicle door unlocked all night and in the morning he noticed a stack of papers was missing from his vehicle.
• Employee at a business on Jibboom Street found customer’s wallet and turned it in for return.
• Officers responded to assist the parents of an out of control juvenile on Wyckham Way.
• Vehicle was removed and stored from a local parking facility.
• Officers took a report of a stolen generator from a local business on Northwoods Boulevard.
• Victim claimed his vehicle was stolen in Chico and after law enforcement recovered the vehicle the victim found property within the vehicle that did not belong to him. Property was collected as an agency assist for Chico Police Department.
• Subject requested an extra patrol in the area of Alder Creek Road reference an on-going speed issue with a motorcycle.
• Hospital staff reported possible victim of domestic violence was receiving treatment in the emergency room. An investigation lead to the arrest of victim’s boyfriend for felony domestic violence.
Truckee Police Logs are published in the Sierra Sun as space is available, and as they are published online on the town of Truckee’s website.