PHOTOS: Hundreds on hand for Incline Village Dog Days of Fall
October 19, 2016
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The 2016 Dog Days of Fall at the Burnt Cedar Pool on Oct. 8 was, according to event organizer Micki Napp the “best ever!”
“We had 160 dogs and 340 people,” Napp said. “Every year we have 8 contests with 2 prizes each for ‘Winner’ and ‘Runner Up,’ plus ‘Best of Show.’ But this year, because we had so many excellent and talented dogs, I gave away many more prizes.”
Napp wants to thank a generous donation of toys from the Pet Network Humane Society in Incline Village, as lots of dogs and owners went home with awards.
“The community loved it! The crowd was more attentive and really got into the contests,” she said. “People came way early to watch the action, and we had plenty of action with dogs catapulting themselves off the ramp and more than 12 ways across the pool.”
The “Best of Show” dog for Dog Days of Fall 2016 was Nalu owned by Crystal Shuey.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Lake Tahoe weather: Are you ready for round three of snow and wind?
- Lake Tahoe weather: First storm wave begins Wednesday; are you prepared?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Incline officials urge residents to be prepared
- Lake Tahoe weather: What to know about storm updates on social media
- Lake Tahoe weather: 21 inches of snow at Sugar Bowl; chain controls in effect