Dark Horse After Hours creates live music video series in Truckee
September 16, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Dark Horse After Hours announced recently the official launch of its original live music video series, a groundbreaking creative concept designed to revolutionize how we experience the great musicians of today.
Celebrating the launch two weeks ago, DHAH released its third episode featuring North Lake Tahoe’s own band Sneaky Creatures.
DHAH creates unique encounters with each artist that performs at the infamous Dark Horse Coffee Roasters. Online audiences will gain a rare perspective into their favorite musicians through exclusive performances and live Speak Easy Interview sessions.
Sneaky Creatures is a mischievous alt-gypsy swing septet from Kings Beach, with a style all their own. Steeped with influences from acts such as Django Reinhardt and Hank Williams III, the Creatures have been creeping into the North Tahoe music scene with their unusual blend of rock, jazz and dixieland-funk for over four years.
Their performance at Dark Horse After Hours was a creative treat; an ode to their historical influences, and a true representation of their unique style.
“We envision every After Hours being a raw experience, where your watch your favorite acts, live, in a scene set for a music video,” said Evan Buzzell, Director of Dark Horse After Hours. “Where anything can happen, because there are no rules, no strict guidelines. Our latest release with Sneaky Creatures is a perfect example of what we’re looking to create in the future, and we’re just gettin’ started!”
Dark Horse After Hours is currently seeking grant funding and sponsors, as well as distribution partners for the remainder of 2016.
The next act will be announced in the coming weeks as the large acts coming through the area, they are always on the lookout for new innovative groups to share with their audience.
In Truckee, Dark Horse Coffee Roasters is located at 10009 W. River St.
This article was provided by Dark Horse After Hours. Visit DarkHorseAfterHours.com for information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Birders, don’t despair: Winter birds are here at Lake Tahoe
- Monet’s Table — Lake Tahoe lakeside picnic, art sale set for Saturday
- After 75 years on Lake Tahoe, historic Thunderbird yacht getting new engines
- Sierra Snapshots: Beautiful blue Lake Tahoe from above (photo slideshow)
- Sierra Snapshots: Beautiful bobcats and starry skies (photo slideshow)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Are you ready for round three of snow and wind?
- Lake Tahoe weather: First storm wave begins Wednesday; are you prepared?
- Lake Tahoe weather: What to know about storm updates on social media
- Tahoe blizzard reveals opportunities for improvement in communication
- Tahoe residents take to social media amid blizzard