Downtown Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop to benefit Humane Society
September 13, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Mark your calendars for the 10th annual Downtown Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop slated for Saturday, Oct. 5, noon-4 p.m. Wine lovers, food connoisseurs and dedicated shoppers will once again indulge in delicious food samples paired with fine vintages as they shop and stroll in historic downtown Truckee.
The Downtown Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop has become a flagship event, bringing crowds of locals and out-of-towners to enjoy gourmet food and wine while wandering through boutique shops. For $45 ($40 in advance) per ticket, attendees will receive an anniversary commemorative wine glass, event program and map to participating venues, and five tickets for food tastings (additional food tickets may be purchased for $2 per ticket).
A fine selection of wines and beers from more than 30 different wineries and breweries are available to sample, each placed in participating venues in the heart of downtown Truckee.
During the past nine years, the Downtown Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop event has donated more than $25,000 to local nonprofit organizations. Past partners include Tahoe SAFE Alliance, Girls on the Run, and Sierra Senior Services. An important component of the event is to support area nonprofits.
This year's Downtown Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop nonprofit partner is the Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe. Founded in 1994 by a group of committed volunteers, the Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe has become a driving force in animal rescue and adoption for the Truckee region.
HSTT is dedicated to saving and improving the lives of pets through adoptions, community spay/neuter services and humane education programs, and was recently voted as the Best Non-Profit in the annual Best of North Tahoe & Truckee awards.
A grand opening of the new HSTT animal shelter will take place Sat., Sept. 28, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at 10961 Stevens Lane, off of Stockrest Springs Road in Truckee. For more information on The Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe and how to become involved with the organization visit http://www.hstt.org.
Tickets to the Downtown Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop are available for purchase online at http://www.TruckeeWineWalk.com and in-person at The Pour House and the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce. To find up-to-the-minute information about the 10th anniversary event, visit Downtown Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop on Facebook.
The Downtown Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop is a fundraising event produced by Switchback Public Relations + Marketing, Inc. For more information about Switchback visit http://www.switchbackpr.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Birders, don’t despair: Winter birds are here at Lake Tahoe
- Sierra Snapshots: Beautiful bobcats and starry skies (photo slideshow)
- Dark Horse After Hours creates live music video series in Truckee
- Ice skater Richard Kreibich: from Communist Europe to Truckee-Tahoe
- Your Tahoe Weekend: Oktoberfest at Squaw, sunset kayak tour, bouldering comp & more!
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie