Gene Upshaw Memorial Tahoe Forest Cancer Center welcomes new physician
July 1, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Gene Upshaw Memorial Tahoe Forest Cancer Center recently announced the addition of Melissa Kaime, MD, FACP, hematologist and medical oncologist.
Dr. Kaime joins Laurence J. Heifetz, MD, FACP, Cancer Center medical director; Ahrin B. Koppel, MD, hematologist and medical oncologist; and Daphne Palmer, MD, FACRO, medical director of radiation oncology.
Dr. Kaime comes to the Cancer Center from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, where she was a staff physician in the department of hematology/oncology. Prior to that she was the U.S. Navy Medical Corps Hematology/Oncology Specialty Leader for the Chief of the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery.
Dr. Kaime completed her medical education at the St. Louis University School of Medicine.
The Gene Upshaw Memorial Tahoe Forest Cancer Center in Truckee, a service of Tahoe Forest Health System, is committed to providing the highest quality cancer treatment and care to patients and families.
The Center offers current cancer diagnostic and therapeutic modalities with equipment and technology on par with many urban health systems.
For more information call 530-582-6450 or visit http://www.tahoecancercenter.com.
For information about Tahoe Forest Health System visit http://www.tfhd.com.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan