North Tahoe-Truckee injury symposium set for next week
November 29, 2016
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Next week, Tahoe Forest Health System will host an educational evening of great speakers, networking and more at the annual Winter Illness and Injury Symposium.
This event is open to all EMTs, Ski Patrol, Paramedics, Firefighters, Law Enforcement, RNs, PAs, NPs, Physicians, SAR Members and other Pre-Hospital and Hospital Personnel.
Tickets cost $25 and include dinner, a vendor expo and more. The event is set from 3-9 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe in Incline Village.
According to Tahoe Forest, the registration deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 30. Space is limited.
To register and to view the full event agenda, visit go to tfhd.com/WIIS2016. Below is a summary of the event’s speakers:
4-5 p.m. Running to the Extreme: International Ultramarathon Medicine – Avinash Patil, MD, Professor Emergency Medicine,Stanford University
5-6 p.m. Solar Radiation and the Wilderness Eye: Facts vs. Hype – Howard J. Donner, MD
6:15-7:15 p.m. Burning Up: Innovative Medicine in an Austere Environment – Jeffrey J. Westin, MD, FAAEM
8-9 p.m. Controversies in Pre-Hospital Trauma Care – Bryan E. Bledsoe, DO, FACEP, FAAEM, EMT-P
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Lake Tahoe weather: Are you ready for round three of snow and wind?
- Lake Tahoe weather: First storm wave begins Wednesday; are you prepared?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Incline officials urge residents to be prepared
- Lake Tahoe weather: What to know about storm updates on social media
- Lake Tahoe weather: 21 inches of snow at Sugar Bowl; chain controls in effect