Paddlin’ for a Cause fundraiser in Truckee to include raffle, silent auction
November 12, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Eileen Allen spent 61 days "Paddlin' for a Cause," a fundraiser raising money for the Clayton McDonnell Memorial Fund and awareness for the Tahoe Truckee Youth Suicide Awareness and Prevention Program.
A fundraiser in conjunction with Paddlin' for a Cause will be held Nov. 14, 5-7 p.m. at Truckee's Bar of America, where prizes will be raffled, including a WaiSup Paddleboard and paddle.
Raffle tickets are sold in many local storefronts including Closet Cowgirl, Images Hair Salon, Stick's Market, Green Rush, Sport's Exchange, Janelle's Specialty Beads, and the Glenshire General Store.
Paddlin' for a Cause is a fundraising effort in honor of Clayton McDonnell to support the prevention of youth suicide. Enjoy the goodies and participate in a local's silent auction, and meet the new Tahoe Truckee Youth Suicide Prevention Task Force Task Force Coordinator Amy Machin-Ward.
Information about the Know the Signs campaign will be available. The goal of Know the Signs is to prepare parents and the community to prevent suicide by increasing knowledge of warning signs and learn how to offer help.
All proceeds benefit the Clayton McDonnell Memorial Fund with Charitysmith.org., which will provide scholarships to area high schools.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Bark beetle infestation continues to threaten Tahoe-Truckee forests
- Incline Flume Trail received $130K grant for improvements, and is now open to the public
- Waterman’s Landing in Carnelian Bay is an all-inclusive, human-powered watersport hub
- Tahoe City company brings gourmet dining to the wilderness
- Shortage of construction workers in Nevada County reaching critical levels