Practice Qi Gong for optimum health
November 20, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Worried about winter colds and other ailments? Scientific studies consistently show that the practice of Qi Gong (Tai Chi) strengthens the immune system and reduces the incidence of ailments such as colds.
Are you stressed from work, schlepping kids to endless activities and the general spin of life? The deep breathing coordinated with slow and gentle movements and overall meditative nature of Qi Gong creates a sense of relaxed "easefullness," and has been shown to decrease hypertension.
Smiling and vigorous laughter immediately raises the level of our energy, strengthens the immune response and lightens up our outlook on life. Qi Gong practice includes these behaviors throughout. In general, the practice is such that it can be accomplished regardless of physical condition, restrictions and while sitting if necessary. This ancient practice increases a sense of well-being, raises physical and mental energy and enhances overall health.
Summer classes were very popular. They will continue throughout the winter, with a 9 a.m. Tuesday class at Truckee's Community Recreation Center and a Thursday class at 10 a.m., at the Truckee Donner Senior Apartments. Drop-ins are welcome.
Call Rolf Godon at 530-587-2557.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage