Truckee-Donner Recreation & Parks District adds new fitness equipment
February 13, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District added a new piece of strength training machinery — the FreeMotion Dual Cable Cross — catering to sports-savvy Community Recreation Center members.
"The machine was created to mimic natural physical movements," said TDRPD's adult sports coordinator Pete Kristian. "We have members that have [jokingly] said we can get rid of all the other equipment; the new machine is all they need now."
The versatile Dual Cable Cross is engineered for more than 100 different exercises, including sport-specific motions like rowing, swinging and pitching. Attachments allow for flexibility in routine, and independent weight stacks allow two people to use the machine concurrently.
The amply equipped fitness center, located on the rim of the Community Recreation Center's three-lane indoor "Track," already offers more than 20 different fitness machines, weights, and stretch equipment.
Those looking to explore the fitness center and test its new equipment may join a complimentary orientation, offered at 5 p.m. on Mondays, 10:30 a.m. on Tuesdays and 10 a.m. on all Saturdays in February.
Monthly fitness passes to "The Track" are $30 for Truckee residents and $25 for seniors. The Truckee-Donner Recreation Center is located at 8924 Donner Pass Road. Call 530-550-4458 for more information.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest