Truckee motorcycle club rides for cancer patient
Ryan Summerlin July 22, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee’s own Friendly Mountain Motorcycle Club, CREW M.C. held a cancer benefit Poker Run, Saturday, June 1, with raffle and cash prizes and a Mexican lunch at El Toro Bravo for Lynn Emley.
Lynn has supported the CREW M.C. for many years and now the CREW M.C. is giving back to Lynn, affectionately known as “Crewton Valley Girl.”
In 2011, Lynn was diagnosed with both advanced stage 3 breast cancer and thyroid cancer. She has since undergone four major surgeries, aggressive chemotherapy and radiation, and rehabilitation therapy for various side effects and lymphedema.
The poker run began at El Toro Bravo for a 40-mile ride around the North Lake Loop, with poker stops at Squaw Valley’s Cornice Cantina, Tahoe City’s Pete ‘N Peters, Kings Beach’s Mountain Moís Bar & Grill at the Brockway Golf Course, and Truckee’s Pastime Club.
“We had a very successful run,” said Craig aka “Lazzlo,” vice president of the club. “It just so happened one of our own got sick.”
Crew M.C. donates regularly to various organizations.
The community donated items for a raffle and auction, with almost 100 participants in the ride, raising $1,500 for Lynn.
Visit www.crewmc.com for more information.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer