Truckee motorcycle club rides for cancer patient
July 22, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee’s own Friendly Mountain Motorcycle Club, CREW M.C. held a cancer benefit Poker Run, Saturday, June 1, with raffle and cash prizes and a Mexican lunch at El Toro Bravo for Lynn Emley.
Lynn has supported the CREW M.C. for many years and now the CREW M.C. is giving back to Lynn, affectionately known as “Crewton Valley Girl.”
In 2011, Lynn was diagnosed with both advanced stage 3 breast cancer and thyroid cancer. She has since undergone four major surgeries, aggressive chemotherapy and radiation, and rehabilitation therapy for various side effects and lymphedema.
The poker run began at El Toro Bravo for a 40-mile ride around the North Lake Loop, with poker stops at Squaw Valley’s Cornice Cantina, Tahoe City’s Pete ‘N Peters, Kings Beach’s Mountain Moís Bar & Grill at the Brockway Golf Course, and Truckee’s Pastime Club.
“We had a very successful run,” said Craig aka “Lazzlo,” vice president of the club. “It just so happened one of our own got sick.”
Crew M.C. donates regularly to various organizations.
The community donated items for a raffle and auction, with almost 100 participants in the ride, raising $1,500 for Lynn.
Visit http://www.crewmc.com for more information.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell
- Squaw Valley issues statement on upper mountain water quality
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form