Truckee-Tahoe Peace Project celebrates — rain or shine
October 5, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — On Sept. 21 Peace Day was celebrated in festive fashion in Truckee. Despite a last-minute move indoors, the unexpected downpour didn’t put a damper on the cheerful event. Amid performances from children’s choruses, Truckee High Envirolution Club, InnerRhythms, Danny Sturtevant, and Angele and the Wildwood Band, attendees visited nonprofit booths and made arts and crafts, such as peace flags.
The annual Truckee Tahoe Peace Award went to Geri Meyer of Tahoe City, who gracefully represents the spirit of peace in our community.
Visit truckeetahoepeaceproject.org for more information and like “Truckee-Tahoe Peace Project” on Facebook for updates and inspiration.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens