Truckee-Tahoe Peace Project celebrates — rain or shine
October 5, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — On Sept. 21 Peace Day was celebrated in festive fashion in Truckee. Despite a last-minute move indoors, the unexpected downpour didn’t put a damper on the cheerful event. Amid performances from children’s choruses, Truckee High Envirolution Club, InnerRhythms, Danny Sturtevant, and Angele and the Wildwood Band, attendees visited nonprofit booths and made arts and crafts, such as peace flags.
The annual Truckee Tahoe Peace Award went to Geri Meyer of Tahoe City, who gracefully represents the spirit of peace in our community.
Visit truckeetahoepeaceproject.org for more information and like “Truckee-Tahoe Peace Project” on Facebook for updates and inspiration.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Lake Tahoe weather: Avalanche warning in effect; 140 mph winds possible
- Lake Tahoe weather: Schools closed; 6 more feet of snow forecast
- Lake Tahoe weather: Incline officials urge residents to be prepared
- Lake Tahoe weather: 21 inches of snow at Sugar Bowl; chain controls in effect
- Where are they now? Four powder pioneers who helped put snowboarding on the map at Lake Tahoe