Truckee-Tahoe Peace Project celebrates — rain or shine
October 5, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — On Sept. 21 Peace Day was celebrated in festive fashion in Truckee. Despite a last-minute move indoors, the unexpected downpour didn't put a damper on the cheerful event. Amid performances from children's choruses, Truckee High Envirolution Club, InnerRhythms, Danny Sturtevant, and Angele and the Wildwood Band, attendees visited nonprofit booths and made arts and crafts, such as peace flags.
The annual Truckee Tahoe Peace Award went to Geri Meyer of Tahoe City, who gracefully represents the spirit of peace in our community.
Visit truckeetahoepeaceproject.org for more information and like "Truckee-Tahoe Peace Project" on Facebook for updates and inspiration.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week