Truckee’s Glen Harelson wins Nevada County Employee of the Year
April 2, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Nevada County announced Glen Harelson, program manager for the Truckee branch of the Health and Human Services Agency, was named as the 2013 county Employee of the Year.
“It feels great,” Harelson said. “I am very fortunate to work with great staff and the amazing community we have here.”
Jeffrey Brown, director of the HHSA for the county, said Harelson was one of the entity’s “most valuable employees.”
“He has a presence in the community and has displayed great leadership,” Brown said.
Harelson provides key safety net services, working for public health, behavioral health and social services and building consensus with local schools, hospitals and other key entities to make Truckee “a healthy vibrant community.”
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway