Truckee’s Glen Harelson wins Nevada County Employee of the Year
April 2, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Nevada County announced Glen Harelson, program manager for the Truckee branch of the Health and Human Services Agency, was named as the 2013 county Employee of the Year.
“It feels great,” Harelson said. “I am very fortunate to work with great staff and the amazing community we have here.”
Jeffrey Brown, director of the HHSA for the county, said Harelson was one of the entity’s “most valuable employees.”
“He has a presence in the community and has displayed great leadership,” Brown said.
Harelson provides key safety net services, working for public health, behavioral health and social services and building consensus with local schools, hospitals and other key entities to make Truckee “a healthy vibrant community.”
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists