Get sneaky in the Red Room
October 3, 2013
North Tahoe's Sneaky Creatures — described as a mischievous gypsy jazz/alt-country band — will play a free show Friday at 10 p.m. in the Red Room at the Crystal Bay Casino.
According to the band's biography on its Facebook page, the quintet is from Kings Beach and Tahoe Vista, with many members playing previously well-known local bands.
Sneaky Creatures includes Josh Roelle (Horsemouth, Truckee Tribe) on electric guitar; Kerry Andras (The Rusty Strings) on stand-up bass; Kevin Drake (Downbeat) on saxophones, Todd Holway (Quartet Minus One) on keyboards; and Steve Saturno (Quartet Minus One) on drums.
The band boasts an unusual blend of the rootsy and the jazzy, the gypsy and the honky, the funky and the rock-a-billy.
"While watching these guys furtively slink from genre to genre, you can expect to hear many fine examples of Roelle's songwriting skills, a plethora of obscure covers, and the occasional crowd pleaser," the band writes on its Facebook page. "You'll want to swing your partner, laugh your head off, and duck for cover all at the same time."
Trending In: Music
- Indigo Girls to make return to Grass Valley’s Center for the Arts
- 2016 Lake Tahoe Music Festival kicks off this week on West Shore
- North Lake Tahoe choir concert to highlight works of Puccini
- Saturday Truckee music festival bringing bluegrass, Americana & more
- Sierra Sun-Tahoe Bonanza hire recreation, entertainment reporter