Get sneaky in the Red Room
October 3, 2013
North Tahoe’s Sneaky Creatures — described as a mischievous gypsy jazz/alt-country band — will play a free show Friday at 10 p.m. in the Red Room at the Crystal Bay Casino.
According to the band’s biography on its Facebook page, the quintet is from Kings Beach and Tahoe Vista, with many members playing previously well-known local bands.
Sneaky Creatures includes Josh Roelle (Horsemouth, Truckee Tribe) on electric guitar; Kerry Andras (The Rusty Strings) on stand-up bass; Kevin Drake (Downbeat) on saxophones, Todd Holway (Quartet Minus One) on keyboards; and Steve Saturno (Quartet Minus One) on drums.
The band boasts an unusual blend of the rootsy and the jazzy, the gypsy and the honky, the funky and the rock-a-billy.
“While watching these guys furtively slink from genre to genre, you can expect to hear many fine examples of Roelle’s songwriting skills, a plethora of obscure covers, and the occasional crowd pleaser,” the band writes on its Facebook page. “You’ll want to swing your partner, laugh your head off, and duck for cover all at the same time.”
Trending In: Music
- Former Reno musician bringing boogie-woogie to Truckee
- Beloved Lake Tahoe musician Peter Joseph Burtt back in the groove 8 months after heart surgery (VIDEO)
- Guitarfish Music Festival to reel in big crowds to Donner Summit
- Tahoe-Truckee music: Open mic nights provide platform for all talents
- ‘80s cover band Tainted Love to reprise haunted role for 12th annual North Lake Tahoe Halloween bash
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder