Get sneaky in the Red Room
October 3, 2013
North Tahoe's Sneaky Creatures — described as a mischievous gypsy jazz/alt-country band — will play a free show Friday at 10 p.m. in the Red Room at the Crystal Bay Casino.
According to the band's biography on its Facebook page, the quintet is from Kings Beach and Tahoe Vista, with many members playing previously well-known local bands.
Sneaky Creatures includes Josh Roelle (Horsemouth, Truckee Tribe) on electric guitar; Kerry Andras (The Rusty Strings) on stand-up bass; Kevin Drake (Downbeat) on saxophones, Todd Holway (Quartet Minus One) on keyboards; and Steve Saturno (Quartet Minus One) on drums.
The band boasts an unusual blend of the rootsy and the jazzy, the gypsy and the honky, the funky and the rock-a-billy.
"While watching these guys furtively slink from genre to genre, you can expect to hear many fine examples of Roelle's songwriting skills, a plethora of obscure covers, and the occasional crowd pleaser," the band writes on its Facebook page. "You'll want to swing your partner, laugh your head off, and duck for cover all at the same time."
Trending In: Music
- Tahoe music: Jeff Austin, Travelin’ McCourys bringing Grateful Ball to North Shore
- ALO, Chris Robinson Brotherhood highlight epic music weekend at North Tahoe
- Christian music sensation Julie Elias performing Friday at Lake Tahoe
- Funk-rock group Galactic returning Sunday to North Tahoe
- Top 10 Tahoe-Truckee music venues to sing away the shoulder season blues
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie