Artisans Market Place: A Truckee gem for shopping
April 3, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Artisans Market Place in the Brickelltown neighborhood of downtown Truckee is a delightful store with something for everyone.
Artisans Market Place is a co-op consisting of more than a dozen local artists from Truckee and Tahoe. Everything is made locally and one-of-a-kind items make the store a unique shopping experience. The building is rented by the artists themselves, and they as co-op members, take turns working in and running the store.
Discover many forms of art including paintings in oil; watercolors and multi-media; photography; jewelry; knitted, quilted and sewn items; handcrafted soaps; woven baskets; wood work and furniture; stone work; glass art, greeting cards and more.
The store is located at 10382 Donner Pass Road in the historic blue Titus House with a courtyard and white picket fence in front. Hours are currently 11 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. Check out Artisans Market Place on First Fridays for refreshments and an opportunity to meet artists and talk with them about their work.
Artists are welcome to inquire about joining the co-op. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the store.
Artists represented include: Rebecca Maidman, hand knits, hats, shawls, scarves, and felted purses; Greg’s Neat Tweets, historical birdhouses; Jack Cavanaugh, stone carving; Kevin Klein, photography; Bella Petunia, jewelry; Yess Feathers, feather art jewelry; Jennifer Knox, Alaskan-themed fabric designs; Patty Lassaline, jewelry, pottery and watercolors; Joanne Corso, cards, oil painting and hand painted silk scarves; NorHo Necks, jewelry; Chrisi Donovan, woodwork, painting; Sue Bower, seamstress; Michelle Portesi, handmade old fashioned dolls; Dan Gaube, rustic furniture and jewelry; and Kristen Anderson, switch plates.
Trending In: The Arts
- Tahoe skiing: Tips for parents to keep the kids comfy on the slopes
- Sierra Snapshots: Snowy dogs and wintry wonder (photo slideshow)
- Healthy Now in Truckee: Broccoli, mushroom and egg white frittata
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- Wine ink: Epicurean Tampa — wine, steak and refuge
- Lake Tahoe weather: Avalanche warning in effect; 140 mph winds possible
- Lake Tahoe weather: Schools closed; 6 more feet of snow forecast
- Lake Tahoe weather: Incline officials urge residents to be prepared
- Lake Tahoe weather: 21 inches of snow at Sugar Bowl; chain controls in effect
- Where are they now? Four powder pioneers who helped put snowboarding on the map at Lake Tahoe