Artisans Market Place: A Truckee gem for shopping
April 3, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Artisans Market Place in the Brickelltown neighborhood of downtown Truckee is a delightful store with something for everyone.
Artisans Market Place is a co-op consisting of more than a dozen local artists from Truckee and Tahoe. Everything is made locally and one-of-a-kind items make the store a unique shopping experience. The building is rented by the artists themselves, and they as co-op members, take turns working in and running the store.
Discover many forms of art including paintings in oil; watercolors and multi-media; photography; jewelry; knitted, quilted and sewn items; handcrafted soaps; woven baskets; wood work and furniture; stone work; glass art, greeting cards and more.
The store is located at 10382 Donner Pass Road in the historic blue Titus House with a courtyard and white picket fence in front. Hours are currently 11 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. Check out Artisans Market Place on First Fridays for refreshments and an opportunity to meet artists and talk with them about their work.
Artists are welcome to inquire about joining the co-op. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the store.
Artists represented include: Rebecca Maidman, hand knits, hats, shawls, scarves, and felted purses; Greg’s Neat Tweets, historical birdhouses; Jack Cavanaugh, stone carving; Kevin Klein, photography; Bella Petunia, jewelry; Yess Feathers, feather art jewelry; Jennifer Knox, Alaskan-themed fabric designs; Patty Lassaline, jewelry, pottery and watercolors; Joanne Corso, cards, oil painting and hand painted silk scarves; NorHo Necks, jewelry; Chrisi Donovan, woodwork, painting; Sue Bower, seamstress; Michelle Portesi, handmade old fashioned dolls; Dan Gaube, rustic furniture and jewelry; and Kristen Anderson, switch plates.
Trending In: The Arts
- Sierra Snapshots: Winter weather returns to Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Healthy for the holidays: Zucchini Tomato Sauté low on calories, high on taste
- Tahoe Pine Nuts: Henry Comstock had a Nevada sense of holiday humor
- Wine Ink: Kosta Browne — an American Success Story
- ‘Importance of Being Earnest’ production begins Friday in Truckee
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- Northstar California appoints Nadia Guerriero as new GM
- Reno real estate: A look back, and a look ahead at the housing market
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)