Artisans Market Place: A Truckee gem for shopping
April 3, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Artisans Market Place in the Brickelltown neighborhood of downtown Truckee is a delightful store with something for everyone.
Artisans Market Place is a co-op consisting of more than a dozen local artists from Truckee and Tahoe. Everything is made locally and one-of-a-kind items make the store a unique shopping experience. The building is rented by the artists themselves, and they as co-op members, take turns working in and running the store.
Discover many forms of art including paintings in oil; watercolors and multi-media; photography; jewelry; knitted, quilted and sewn items; handcrafted soaps; woven baskets; wood work and furniture; stone work; glass art, greeting cards and more.
The store is located at 10382 Donner Pass Road in the historic blue Titus House with a courtyard and white picket fence in front. Hours are currently 11 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. Check out Artisans Market Place on First Fridays for refreshments and an opportunity to meet artists and talk with them about their work.
Artists are welcome to inquire about joining the co-op. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the store.
Artists represented include: Rebecca Maidman, hand knits, hats, shawls, scarves, and felted purses; Greg’s Neat Tweets, historical birdhouses; Jack Cavanaugh, stone carving; Kevin Klein, photography; Bella Petunia, jewelry; Yess Feathers, feather art jewelry; Jennifer Knox, Alaskan-themed fabric designs; Patty Lassaline, jewelry, pottery and watercolors; Joanne Corso, cards, oil painting and hand painted silk scarves; NorHo Necks, jewelry; Chrisi Donovan, woodwork, painting; Sue Bower, seamstress; Michelle Portesi, handmade old fashioned dolls; Dan Gaube, rustic furniture and jewelry; and Kristen Anderson, switch plates.
Trending In: The Arts
- ‘The Odd Couple’ theater production coming to Truckee
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- The Accountant movie review: Nicely crunching box office numbers
- Truckee Public Arts Commission gears for ‘anti-social’ event of the season
- Tahoe recipe: It’s fall, y’all — try some butternut squash bisque
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck