Exclusive art collection on display at the Tahoe Ritz-Carlton
February 13, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Guests and visitors of The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe have the exclusive opportunity to enjoy a collection of art that spans five centuries, including works by famed artists Marc Chagall, Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol, Raoul Dufy and others.
The collection will be provided by Salon D'Art, a program that aims to increase society's awareness and appreciation for the arts. Art works will be displayed daily in the Gondola Hallway of the Resort, Feb. 14-23.
The collection focuses solely on works on paper, including etching, woodcut, engraving, photography, lithography and spans the globe as well as history.
A highlight of the collection will be the display of works by Marc Chagall. Chagall's poetic, figurative style made him one of the most popular, internationally recognized, modern artists.
A highlight of the collection will be the display of works by Marc Chagall. Chagall’s poetic, figurative style made him one of the most popular, internationally recognized, modern artists.
His distinction lies in his steady faith in the power of figurative art, and his influence is as vast as the number of styles he assimilated to create his work. Much like Picasso, Chagall is an example of a modern artist who mastered multiple media to present his work.
Recommended Stories For You
Salon D'Art Advisors will be on hand to explain this impressive collection of lithiographs by Chagall. The collection was attained over a 20-year period from well-known New York autograph dealer, Sy Kessler, who acquired them from Martin Riskin, a close friend and confidant of Chagall.
During the 1960s and 70s, Riskin was the Director of Banquets at the St. Regis Hotel where he befriended Salvador Dali during his annual visits. He later met Chagall through Dali, saw them both throughout the 60s, 70s and 80s, and asked them to sign various items during their visits to New York and France.
Salon D'Art Advisors will also work with guests of The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe to help them make well-informed decisions about Fine Art and becoming a collector. Select pieces of Chagall's work will be available for purchase, offering a special opportunity for collectors.
Learn more about the Ritz at http://www.ritzcarlton.com/LakeTahoe.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Sierra history: 19th century saloons thrived in Truckee, America’s Old West
- Date night: Romantic hot spots around Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Pedal-powered music group, the Ginger Ninjas, roll into Truckee
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows invests $4 million into snow safety
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)