Handweavers conference slated for May in Squaw Valley
April 15, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Conference of Northern California Handweavers will hold their yearly conference in Squaw Valley this spring, offering individual fiber arts classes to the general public.
Three-hour classes will be held on June 1 and 2 at the Squaw Creek Resort at a cost of $75 for each class. Currently there are openings available in jewelry making techniques, spinning, knitting, basketry and much more.
To view a complete class descriptions of available classes and instructor biographies, log on to the CNCH website at http://www.cnch.org and click the Textile Games medal picture on the left side bar. Also find a complete list of vendors at the CNCH 2013 site.
This is a unique local opportunity — the conference is rotated to various locations around Northern California and may not be in our back yard again for many years. This year's conference will feature a Tailgate Market May 31, where you will find fiber supplies for your own projects, or completed textiles for your home or wearing enjoyment.
Sign up for a class or two now, the deadline for registration is April 30. For more information contact Suzanne at 530-550-0438.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: The Arts
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (video)
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- Fernley’s game-winning touchdown drive upends Truckee comeback
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)