Handweavers conference slated for May in Squaw Valley
April 15, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Conference of Northern California Handweavers will hold their yearly conference in Squaw Valley this spring, offering individual fiber arts classes to the general public.
Three-hour classes will be held on June 1 and 2 at the Squaw Creek Resort at a cost of $75 for each class. Currently there are openings available in jewelry making techniques, spinning, knitting, basketry and much more.
To view a complete class descriptions of available classes and instructor biographies, log on to the CNCH website at http://www.cnch.org and click the Textile Games medal picture on the left side bar. Also find a complete list of vendors at the CNCH 2013 site.
This is a unique local opportunity — the conference is rotated to various locations around Northern California and may not be in our back yard again for many years. This year’s conference will feature a Tailgate Market May 31, where you will find fiber supplies for your own projects, or completed textiles for your home or wearing enjoyment.
Sign up for a class or two now, the deadline for registration is April 30. For more information contact Suzanne at 530-550-0438.
Trending In: The Arts
- Sierra Snapshots: Winter weather returns to Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Healthy for the holidays: Zucchini Tomato Sauté low on calories, high on taste
- Tahoe Pine Nuts: Henry Comstock had a Nevada sense of holiday humor
- Wine Ink: Kosta Browne — an American Success Story
- 2nd annual Tahoe Film Festival upping its game with several big-name movies
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- Northstar California appoints Nadia Guerriero as new GM
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Truckee-based Squeeze In opens Vegas restaurant; 50 branches eyed by 2020