Incline artist’s exhibit on display at Wolfdale’s
Ryan Summerlin February 20, 2014
This week, Wolfdale’s Cuisine Unique welcomed Incline Village artist Matt Dodge and an eclectic exhibit of his work. The display continues until mid-May.
A fixture of the regional art community for two decades, Dodge unveils here two new series of work, coupled with a variety of recent images on canvas. Visually intoxicating and intricate, these pieces are graphic translations of his tremendous joy for living.
In creating his work, Dodge employs an assortment of processes. He begins with outdoor photography, which is digitally edited then printed on canvas. Next he works by hand with an assortment of color media
He finishes by steadfastly etching detail into the canvas. Because each piece is so meticulously finished, there exists a delicate physical quality to the work. The end products, which he terms “sculpted photographs”, are one-of-a-kind fine art treasures.
Wolfdale’s is located 640 North Lake Blvd. in Tahoe City. Contact 530-583-5700 for restaurant hours. For exhibit inquiries, visit www.mattdodgeimages.com.
Trending In: The Arts
- First-ever Wooden Boat Challenge set for Sunday at Donner Lake
- New e-guide to Truckee, Nevada Co. landmarks now available
- Bridget Jones’s Baby review: Over-expecting something great
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer