Incline artist’s exhibit on display at Wolfdale’s
February 20, 2014
This week, Wolfdale's Cuisine Unique welcomed Incline Village artist Matt Dodge and an eclectic exhibit of his work. The display continues until mid-May.
A fixture of the regional art community for two decades, Dodge unveils here two new series of work, coupled with a variety of recent images on canvas. Visually intoxicating and intricate, these pieces are graphic translations of his tremendous joy for living.
In creating his work, Dodge employs an assortment of processes. He begins with outdoor photography, which is digitally edited then printed on canvas. Next he works by hand with an assortment of color media
He finishes by steadfastly etching detail into the canvas. Because each piece is so meticulously finished, there exists a delicate physical quality to the work. The end products, which he terms "sculpted photographs", are one-of-a-kind fine art treasures.
Wolfdale's is located 640 North Lake Blvd. in Tahoe City. Contact 530-583-5700 for restaurant hours. For exhibit inquiries, visit http://www.mattdodgeimages.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Sierra history: Chief Truckee and the missing link to the California Trail
- Date night: Romantic hot spots around Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Sierra history: 19th century saloons thrived in Truckee, America’s Old West
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse