North Tahoe Arts ARTour 2013 kicks off
July 12, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — North Tahoe Arts announced ARTour 2013 will showcase 40 artists, who will open their studios for two weekends: July 12, 13 and 14 and July 19, 20 and 21. Studios are located from Truckee to Incline Village, Kings Beach, Tahoe City and the West Shore.
This free, self-guided tour offers the public an opportunity to meet artists representing a wide variety of mediums including watercolors, pastels, oils and acrylics, glass art and woodworking, custom jewelry, photography, printmaking, metal working, ceramics and mixed media. No matter your style or passion for art, there will be something for everyone.
ARTour 2013 Coordinator Carla Beebe said, "Open studio tours are popping up across the country and are fast becoming a favorite travel destination, while equally attracting local residents. ARTour is family friendly, casual, and full of original artwork. Most artists provide tasty treats as well.
"ARTour offers the opportunity to enjoy the unique creative interaction that only a studio visit can provide," she continued. "You'll be inspired, engaged, and occasionally challenged by the art. ARTour is a 'behind the scene' art experience you'll never forget."
Works from all 40 ARTour artists will be shown at the North Tahoe Arts Center galleries, 380 North Lake Blvd. in Tahoe City, through July 29.
ARTour attendees are encouraged to pick up the ARTour tour guide booklet, which features samples from each participating artist, a schedule of demonstrations, maps and directions to the studios. Tour guides will be available in June and can be picked up at North Tahoe Arts ARTisan Shop in Tahoe City, and from partnering businesses throughout the region including Riverside Studios, Tom Beebe, Artistry in Wood, and the Office Boss in Truckee, Steve Schmier Jewelry in Tahoe City, Bourgeois Interior Design and Bluebird Designs in Incline Village.
A comprehensive profile of each artist is available at http://www.northtahoearts.com.
All artists will have their work for sale and many are able to accept credit cards.
Call 530-581-2787 for more information.
About North Tahoe Arts
North Tahoe Arts (NTA) is a nonprofit organization that has promoted and supported the arts in the Truckee-Tahoe communities for 25 years through exposure, education, and participation. NTA accomplishes its mission by supporting the North Tahoe Arts Center in Tahoe City which includes the ARTisan Shop, the Main Gallery, the Corison Loft Gallery and a variety of community based visual arts programs. Programs include ARTour, Kids Art Camp, North Tahoe Plein Air, ART in Public Places, Kids Art Saturdays and A Gathering of Artists.
Trending In: The Arts
- Sierra Snapshots: Ice and nice on Tahoe, Donner Lake (photo slideshow)
- Applications sought for Black Rock Desert artist-in-residence program
- Tahoe Pine Nuts: Washington’s cherry tree belonged to a neighbor
- Juicing for medicinal purposes at Tahoe-Truckee: ‘It tastes more alive’
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week