Sierra College to host Student Art Show
April 25, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Tahoe-Truckee Campus of Sierra College announces the fifth annual Student Art Show, featuring work in ceramics, digital arts, drawing, painting, and photography.
“The art show has received excellent community support, and reflects the remarkable creativity, individuality, and talent of Sierra College students and alumni. The show is a wonderful celebration of our students’ talent and hard work,” said Pam McAdoo, artist and Sierra College art instructor. “We expect 100 entries and, based on attendance at last year’s opening reception, about 400 attendees.”
Community members of all ages are invited to attend the festive opening celebration on Friday, May 3, 4:30-6:30 p.m., which will include an interactive component and an opportunity to vote for the People’s Choice award. The artwork will be on display from May 3 through May 17.
Don’t miss this opportunity to visit the campus on the hill and see the great artwork by your friends, colleagues, and neighbors. For more information, call 530-550-2225.
Trending In: The Arts
- Sierra Snapshots: Ice and nice on Tahoe, Donner Lake (photo slideshow)
- Truckee Healthy Now: Eggplant Parmesan rounds rich in flavor, fun
- Applications sough for Black Rock Desert artist-in-residence program
- Wine Ink: Prosecco puts spark in sparkling wines
- Tahoe Pine Nuts: Washington’s cherry tree belonged to a neighbor
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village