Sierra College to host Student Art Show
Ryan Summerlin April 25, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Tahoe-Truckee Campus of Sierra College announces the fifth annual Student Art Show, featuring work in ceramics, digital arts, drawing, painting, and photography.
“The art show has received excellent community support, and reflects the remarkable creativity, individuality, and talent of Sierra College students and alumni. The show is a wonderful celebration of our students’ talent and hard work,” said Pam McAdoo, artist and Sierra College art instructor. “We expect 100 entries and, based on attendance at last year’s opening reception, about 400 attendees.”
Community members of all ages are invited to attend the festive opening celebration on Friday, May 3, 4:30-6:30 p.m., which will include an interactive component and an opportunity to vote for the People’s Choice award. The artwork will be on display from May 3 through May 17.
Don’t miss this opportunity to visit the campus on the hill and see the great artwork by your friends, colleagues, and neighbors. For more information, call 530-550-2225.
Trending In: The Arts
- New e-guide to Truckee, Nevada Co. landmarks now available
- First-ever Wooden Boat Challenge set for Sunday at Donner Lake
- Bridget Jones’s Baby review: Over-expecting something great
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- Reno group wants to crowdsource funds to buy Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe