Sierra College to host Student Art Show
April 25, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Tahoe-Truckee Campus of Sierra College announces the fifth annual Student Art Show, featuring work in ceramics, digital arts, drawing, painting, and photography.
“The art show has received excellent community support, and reflects the remarkable creativity, individuality, and talent of Sierra College students and alumni. The show is a wonderful celebration of our students’ talent and hard work,” said Pam McAdoo, artist and Sierra College art instructor. “We expect 100 entries and, based on attendance at last year’s opening reception, about 400 attendees.”
Community members of all ages are invited to attend the festive opening celebration on Friday, May 3, 4:30-6:30 p.m., which will include an interactive component and an opportunity to vote for the People’s Choice award. The artwork will be on display from May 3 through May 17.
Don’t miss this opportunity to visit the campus on the hill and see the great artwork by your friends, colleagues, and neighbors. For more information, call 530-550-2225.
Trending In: The Arts
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Inaugural Lake Tahoe screening of DPS Skis ‘Cinematic’ next week
- Wine Ink: a Napa sojourn — so much wine, so little time
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Truckee Public Arts Commission gears for ‘anti-social’ event of the season
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes