‘The Odd Couple’ theater production coming to Truckee
October 19, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee Community Theater proudly presents one of the most popular comic plays of all time, "The Odd Couple."
This is the beloved tale of two old friends, Oscar Madison and Felix Ungar, who end up sharing Oscar's bachelor pad when Felix's wife leaves him and he has nowhere to go.
Oscar is laid back , living the life of a contented slob. Felix is uptight, critical, and compulsively neat. As roommates, they are an unmitigated disaster! Simon wrote some of this funniest scenes in this Tony Award winning play.
Truckee performances will be Friday-Sunday, Oct. 21-23, at the Community Arts Center.
"The Odd Couple" stars Kane Schaller as Felix Ungar and Jim Sturtevant as Oscar Madison. Audiences will remember Kane as The King in TCT's "The King and I ,"and as the director of TCT's acclaimed production of "The Crucible."
Recently, Kane was a delight as Mr. Harry McAfee in "Bye Bye Birdie." Jim was at the helm of the very successful Truckee Youth Theater organization, and is an accomplished director and actor, who has actually played the role of Oscar and directed the show previously.
Here is what director Ted Owens had to say about his leads: "Now, Kane and Jim are quite a pair! These two fine actors are extremely tight in their relationship and their sense of the comedy undertones essential to successful portrayals. Frankly, each could play the other's role with a snap of a finger!"
The play is co-directed by Michele Jones, and also features great local actors Todd Tanis, Jeff Ridgel, Nick Pullen, Jennifer Boehm, Angele M. Carroll and Courtney Thurmon.
Of note, $5 of each ticket sold goes to the Truckee Tahoe Humane Society. All seats are reserved.
This article was provided by the Truckee Community Theater. Tickets and information are available at truckeecommunitytheater.com.
Trending In: The Arts
- Sierra Snapshots: Bodacious bobcats and sun-lit scenes (photo slideshow)
- Taste of Tahoe: Healthy Now recipe — teriyaki pineapple pork tenderloin
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- Tahoe recipe: Creamy cauliflower soup makes for great comfort food
- Wine Ink: World Cup racing — what kind of grape do you ski like?
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- $180,000 raised at Truckee-Tahoe humane society event at The Ritz