‘The Odd Couple’ theater production coming to Truckee
October 19, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee Community Theater proudly presents one of the most popular comic plays of all time, "The Odd Couple."
This is the beloved tale of two old friends, Oscar Madison and Felix Ungar, who end up sharing Oscar's bachelor pad when Felix's wife leaves him and he has nowhere to go.
Oscar is laid back , living the life of a contented slob. Felix is uptight, critical, and compulsively neat. As roommates, they are an unmitigated disaster! Simon wrote some of this funniest scenes in this Tony Award winning play.
Truckee performances will be Friday-Sunday, Oct. 21-23, at the Community Arts Center.
"The Odd Couple" stars Kane Schaller as Felix Ungar and Jim Sturtevant as Oscar Madison. Audiences will remember Kane as The King in TCT's "The King and I ,"and as the director of TCT's acclaimed production of "The Crucible."
Recently, Kane was a delight as Mr. Harry McAfee in "Bye Bye Birdie." Jim was at the helm of the very successful Truckee Youth Theater organization, and is an accomplished director and actor, who has actually played the role of Oscar and directed the show previously.
Here is what director Ted Owens had to say about his leads: "Now, Kane and Jim are quite a pair! These two fine actors are extremely tight in their relationship and their sense of the comedy undertones essential to successful portrayals. Frankly, each could play the other's role with a snap of a finger!"
The play is co-directed by Michele Jones, and also features great local actors Todd Tanis, Jeff Ridgel, Nick Pullen, Jennifer Boehm, Angele M. Carroll and Courtney Thurmon.
Of note, $5 of each ticket sold goes to the Truckee Tahoe Humane Society. All seats are reserved.
This article was provided by the Truckee Community Theater. Tickets and information are available at truckeecommunitytheater.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- Wanderlust, the largest yoga festival in the world returns to Squaw Valley on July 20-23
- No set list, no problem for Matisyahu at Crystal Bay Casino
- Try these 5 wonderful wildflower hikes at Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- UPDATE: 45,724-acre Mariposa County fire pushes smoke into Tahoe Basin
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Rafting operations sidelined on Truckee River
- UPDATE: Missing teen last seen at Lake Tahoe beach found safe
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks