Try a Stash Basher UFO Quilt Camp
July 2, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Sierra Quilting Camps will hold three sessions of quilt camps at the Truckee-Tahoe Hotel (formerly the Larkspur Hotel) in Truckee each summer. What a wonderful way to use up your stash and finish up those pesky projects in the closets! Bev Stookey and Linda Brush, both previous quilt shop owners, present five-day quilt camps each July, August and September to ladies and gentlemen from the Bay Area, Reno, the Mother Lode area and beyond as well as from Truckee. Linda is a Truckee resident of more than 37 years and enjoys hosting campers to the cool and lovely Sierra and Lake Tahoe regions.
Each teacher presents a quilt for the students to make, but the campers have a choice whether to make these quilts or work on UFOs: UnFinished Objects. Take time away from the phone, the dog, the kids, and distractions. It's a real advantage to have people there to do basics such as press fabric and rip seams, with professional help readily available.
This year the dates for Sierra Quilting Camps are July 15-19, Aug. 12-16 and Sept. 9-13. Along with more than 24 hours of instruction, there is an optional shop hop in Reno, daily goodies and prizes, camp shirts and tote bags.
Many campers have been coming for more than 10 years. Friendships are discovered and become so special. Stay at the hotel and sew half the night. Get to know the other campers.
But you can also live at home and still take advantage of all the fun activities.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: The Arts
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)