Truckee High Boosters Club to benefit from Indian-themed guest chef night
April 11, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — What do the lawyers and curry have in common? The answer is Brent Collinson, an ex-Indian food chef and current attorney at law. Collinson has been chosen as the next guest chef at Dragonfly Restaurant and Sushi Bar. Join family and friends on Friday, April 19 for a night of creative Indian food as Collinson whips up some of his best Indian dishes. Dragonfly will donate 20 percent of the evening's profits to the Truckee High School Boosters Club.
Collinson has practiced law in Truckee for more than 30 years. His commitment to the Truckee community has been highlighted through his extensive community involvement. He has worked with Tahoe SAFE Alliance, served as the president of the Truckee Rotary Club, and was named Truckee citizen of the year in 2003.
Collinson never lost his love of culinary arts or forgotten his time working as a chef in an Indian restaurant in Palo Alto. During Dragonfly's guest chef night, Collinson will donate his time and culinary experience to serve the community in a whole new way. "I am excited to get back into a professional kitchen with Chef McCullough. I have always loved the flavor profiles in traditional Indian dishes and I am excited to share my favorite recipes with Dragonfly's guests and raise money for the Truckee High School Boosters Club," said Collinson.
Collinson's authentic Indian prix-fix menu starts with a teaser of pampandams and puri (Indian flat bread) followed by traditional Mulligatawny soup and samosa appetizer. The main course offers a wealth of flavor with a choice of lamb or vegetarian curry.
This classic Indian feast is capped off with sahahi Turka, a traditional bread pudding made with raisons, apricots, cashews, almonds, honey and whipped cream. The full prix-fixed menu is available $50 and will also be offered a la carte. The full Dragonfly menu will also be available and 20 percent of the evenings sales will benefit the Truckee High School Boosters Club.
Reservations for guest chef evenings are strongly recommended at 530-587-0557.
Dragonfly Restaurant and Sushi Bar is located upstairs at 10118 Donner Pass Road in downtown Truckee. The Sushi Bar is first come, first served. Check out Dragonfly at http://www.dragonflycuisine.com or "like" them on Facebook.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Wine Ink: three dreamers, three grapes
- Veni, vidi, vino: El Dorado County home to over 50 wineries, just 60 miles from Lake Tahoe
- Made in Tahoe Festival at the Village at Squaw Valley showcases Lake Tahoe and Truckee art, design and products
- Wine Ink: Luxury wine events coming to Aspen Food & Wine Classic
- Your Tahoe Weekend: Farmers Markets & Community Clean-Up Days
- Wildfire risk a concern in Tahoe Truckee
- Tahoe City company brings gourmet dining to the wilderness
- Incline Flume Trail received $130K grant for improvements, and is now open to the public
- Skyrunners take on high-altitude terrain at Squaw Valley
- Parasol’s building proposal gets no quick answer in Incline Village