Truckee High Boosters Club to benefit from Indian-themed guest chef night
April 11, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — What do the lawyers and curry have in common? The answer is Brent Collinson, an ex-Indian food chef and current attorney at law. Collinson has been chosen as the next guest chef at Dragonfly Restaurant and Sushi Bar. Join family and friends on Friday, April 19 for a night of creative Indian food as Collinson whips up some of his best Indian dishes. Dragonfly will donate 20 percent of the evening’s profits to the Truckee High School Boosters Club.
Collinson has practiced law in Truckee for more than 30 years. His commitment to the Truckee community has been highlighted through his extensive community involvement. He has worked with Tahoe SAFE Alliance, served as the president of the Truckee Rotary Club, and was named Truckee citizen of the year in 2003.
Collinson never lost his love of culinary arts or forgotten his time working as a chef in an Indian restaurant in Palo Alto. During Dragonfly’s guest chef night, Collinson will donate his time and culinary experience to serve the community in a whole new way. “I am excited to get back into a professional kitchen with Chef McCullough. I have always loved the flavor profiles in traditional Indian dishes and I am excited to share my favorite recipes with Dragonfly’s guests and raise money for the Truckee High School Boosters Club,” said Collinson.
Collinson’s authentic Indian prix-fix menu starts with a teaser of pampandams and puri (Indian flat bread) followed by traditional Mulligatawny soup and samosa appetizer. The main course offers a wealth of flavor with a choice of lamb or vegetarian curry.
This classic Indian feast is capped off with sahahi Turka, a traditional bread pudding made with raisons, apricots, cashews, almonds, honey and whipped cream. The full prix-fixed menu is available $50 and will also be offered a la carte. The full Dragonfly menu will also be available and 20 percent of the evenings sales will benefit the Truckee High School Boosters Club.
Reservations for guest chef evenings are strongly recommended at 530-587-0557.
Dragonfly Restaurant and Sushi Bar is located upstairs at 10118 Donner Pass Road in downtown Truckee. The Sushi Bar is first come, first served. Check out Dragonfly at http://www.dragonflycuisine.com or “like” them on Facebook.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Your Tahoe Weekend: Oktoberfest at Squaw, sunset kayak tour, bouldering comp & more!
- Sierra Snapshots: Beautiful bobcats and starry skies (photo slideshow)
- Tahoe recipe: Fix-it-and-forget-it chicken ‘n dumplings
- EXPLORE TAHOE: Before the snow flies, try some of these off-the-grid locations
- After 75 years on Lake Tahoe, historic Thunderbird yacht getting new engines
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes