‘Truckee RibFest & BBQ’ set for Father’s Day
June 6, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Mark your calendar for the fourth annual Truckee Father’s Day RibFest & BBQ, slated for Sunday, June 16, noon-4 p.m. at Tri Counties Bank Plaza, 12047 Donner Pass Road, Truckee — a day of “Ribs, Rods & Rock-n-Roll.”
Admission is free to this family event, which will include live music provided by The Deckheads and Blues Callin.’
Returning First Place 2012 Winner Auburn Barbecue Company and Taco Station will battle it out to see who takes home this year’s trophy! Taco Station, famous for their Mexican food, serves up some mean ribs too. Additional treats from DreamWeiner hot dogs, Loon’s Lemonade, All Show Gelato & Italian Ice, Cheri’s Hand Dipped Ice Cream, Truckee Host Lions Club Beer & Wine Garden, with Elevation Hoops and Artisan vendors too.
Napa Auto Parts & 4 x 4 of Truckee will host a Show-n-Shine, so be sure to clean off your hot rod and put it on display. Great raffle prizes available too.
Benefit for Relay For Life of Truckee-Tahoe
The American Cancer Society sponsored Relay For Life of Truckee – Tahoe event raises awareness and provides the community with a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, to remember loved ones lost, and to fight back against the disease. This year’s Relay For Life of Truckee – Tahoe event is set for July 13-14 at the Truckee High School field from 9 a.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday.
An overnight community camp out/walk with educational and fun booths, good food with a host of great local musical talent to entertain you throughout the day and evening. Sunday morning you will find Truckee’s finest firemen and women serving up a scrumptious pancake breakfast for the participants. Visit http://www.RelayForLife.org/TruckeeCa to find out more on how you can participate in this worthwhile event.
Thank you to RibFest signature sponsors: Morrison Sales Team & Tri Counties Bank Plaza and event sponsors Truckee Hometown Sears, Tri Counties Bank, Lucky Dog, Consulting, Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce, Napa Auto Parts Store, and Truckee Host Lions Club.
For more information visit http://www.truckeeribfest.com or contact Ruth Geresy at 530-587-8808 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsorship, vendor and volunteer opportunities are also available for businesses and individuals.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Tahoe Top Five: Eateries share favorite recipes to re-create at home
- Hey dads: Loosen your golf grip for more distance
- After 75 years on Lake Tahoe, historic Thunderbird yacht getting new engines
- Birders, don’t despair: Winter birds are here at Lake Tahoe
- Dark Horse After Hours creates live music video series in Truckee
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village