Truckee’s FiftyFifty Brewery takes international gold
Ryan Summerlin November 14, 2013
Truckee’s own homegrown brewery, FiftyFifty Brewing Co, recently took home top honors at one of the world’s most prestigious beer competitions.
The 2013 European Beer Star Awards awarded the Gold Medal in the Ultra Strong Beer category to Iced BART from FiftyFifty.
The Truckee brewery was also honored with the Bronze Medal for its Totality Imperial Stout “Masterpiece” in the Imperial Stout category.
The European Beer Star is one of the most recognized beer competitions in the world, committed to the traditional European art of brewing.
The competition evaluates beers on the basis of purely sensory criteria.
Judging was done by an international expert panel at the Doemens Brewing Academy in Gräfelfing near Munich, Germany, with more than 100 beer and brewery experts from all over the globe.
This year’s awards were in Munich in conjunction with Drinktec, a trade show that happens only once every four years.
“We are really proud our hard work has been recognized. It is Europe’s largest beer competition, so this is truly a big honor,” said brewer Alyssa Shook.
The 2013 varieties of the company’s barrel-aged Totality Imperial Stout, “Eclipse,” will be released to the public on Friday, Dec. 6.
“We have a very interesting barrel selection this year with significant barrel variation,” said FiftyFifty co-founder Andy Barr. “This year’s release will involve some of the best work we’ve done.”
To contact FiftyFifty, call Alicia Barr at 530-587-BEER or email email@example.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Your Tahoe Weekend: Oktoberfest at Squaw, sunset kayak tour, bouldering comp & more!
- Monet’s Table — Lake Tahoe lakeside picnic, art sale set for Saturday
- Lake Tahoe recipe: Chicken pasta salad lettuce wraps
- Sully movie review: Tom Hanks the right man for the job
- Your Tahoe Weekend: Truckee arts and crafts fest, full moon kayak & more!
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- LIVE COVERAGE: Truckee football takes on Elko in undefeated showdown
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000