4th annual Tahoe Teddy Bear Picnic scheduled for Aug. 10
July 23, 2014
Tahoe’s Connection for Families will hosts its fourth annual Teddy Bear Picnic on Sunday August 10, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Aspen Grove in Incline Village.
This fun family event is a teddy bear-themed extravaganza featuring arts and crafts, bear cookie decorating, a bounce house, a bear hair salon, a bear doctor, a bear camping and fishing area, bear story time and much more.
“Kids can bring their teddy bears to join in on a bear-y good time or bears can be purchased at the door while supplies last,” according to a press release on the event.
A $35 VIP admission includes a teddy bear, TCF water bottle, photo booth session, lunch and more. A $10 general admission includes unlimited access to bounce house and teddy bear themed booths and activities. Food and drink is available for purchase at the event.
“This event is loads of fun for kids and parents alike,” TCF director Laurean Meyer said. “Through fun play activities, we help educate our youngest citizens about bear awareness in the Tahoe community.”
The Tahoe Teddy Bear Picnic brings locals and visitors together to celebrate bears, Tahoe-style. With more than 200 people in attendance last year, the event is sure to be a great place to mingle with friends and get to know other families in our community.
Proceeds from the event support TCF, a nonprofit organization in Incline Village that offers parenting education and early childhood development programs for families with infants and toddlers up to pre-school.
For information call 775-832-8230 or visit http://www.tcfkids.org.
Trending In: Announcements
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village