$50K in grants available for North Tahoe events
October 24, 2013
The North Lake Tahoe Resort Association recently announced $50,000 of grant funding is available for special events taking place in the North Lake Tahoe region of Eastern Placer County.
Most individual grants will fall within the $500 to $2,500 range, officials said.
All grant money is slated for marketing and public relations efforts to promote events in the region, according to a press release. Preference will be given to events which encourage overnight stays.
"By offering this funding to a wide variety of events we hope to showcase the diversity of North Lake Tahoe," said Andy Chapman, director of marketing for the North Lake Tahoe Chamber/CVB/ Resort Association. "Our experience has shown that extra money for marketing can make a great difference in turn out and profitability at special events."
Groups interested in receiving funds must fill out the Special Event Grant Application by the deadline, Nov. 4, 2013. After initial review, select applicants will be asked to give the Special Events Grant Task Force a five-minute presentation on Nov. 15. Funding notification will be given on Dec. 5, 2013.
North Lake Tahoe encourages and supports events that promote the region, especially those held in typically slow or off seasons, officials said. Such objectives reduce pressure on tourism, community resources and infrastructure.
For a copy of the application and information, contact Judy Laverty, the special events program manager for the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association, at 530-581-8702 or at Judy@GoTahoeNorth.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?