Colleen Chapman joins Parasol board of directors
August 7, 2013
The Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation Board of Directors is pleased to announce Colleen Chapman's appointment to its Board.
Parasol is governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors, selected for demonstrating a high level of commitment to the Tahoe region and a personal involvement in community engagement.
Colleen has been involved in nonprofits in the Tahoe Basin since she moved to the area in 2002. She has served on the board of several local charitable organizations and foundations but was also involved in philanthropy and charitable organizations during her long career in banking before relocating to Tahoe.
Colleen had many major accomplishments to her credit during her banking career. She started in San Francisco with The Chartered Bank of London, which merged with Union Bank. Later she worked for several independent banks in Silicon Valley.
"Colleen's strong background in finance and management, as well as her commitment to the Tahoe community, will be great assets in supporting Parasol's continued growth. We are looking forward to having her on our team," said David Hardie, chairman of the Parasol Board of Directors.
Jean Eick is the Communications Manager for the Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation.
Trending In: Announcements
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage