Sunshine Letter: Friends of the Truckee Library say thanks for AirFair book sale
August 15, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Friends of the Truckee Library (FOTL) is very grateful to community partners and volunteers for their help in hosting the biggest Truckee Library book sale in many years at the Truckee Tahoe Airport AirFair & Family Festival July 6. The sale of books provides valuable funding support for materials and programming at the Truckee Library. Until recently, the Library had been unable to accept donated books from the community year-round due to the lack of storage space at the Library. We are so grateful to the Town of Truckee for donating book storage space at Town Hall which resulted in a large collection of books for the sale.
Thank you to the Tahoe Truckee Airport District for the opportunity to be part of this amazing event. Huge thanks go to the tireless FOTL Book Committee, comprised of Louise Zabriskie, Martha Kinne, Nancy Wilkins and Barbara Sullivan for their non-stop work sorting and transporting hundreds of books throughout the year and for their help organizing the sale.
Huge thanks to Denny Dickinson, who encouraged us to participate in the AirFair and handled all of the logistics to make it happen. Thank you to Western Nevada Supply for loaning us a big tent for our sale and helping us set it up and take it down. Thank-you to Boy Scout Troop 267 for all your help hauling boxes of books between the library, Town Hall and the Airport. You were amazing!
Thanks to all the community volunteers who helped on the day of the sale, setting up the book displays, helping customers and packing up at the end of a long day. They included: Suzanne Colletto, Sally Ackerman, Lauri Ferguson, Irene Schneller, Linda Brooke, Julie Kern, Geneva Lewis, David Kahn, Barbara Barte, Dana Madsen, Dani Santamaria, Judy Fasani, Ann Yuhas, Glenna Hunter and Gail Griesmer.
We could not have had such a successful fundraiser without you!
Ruth Jackson Hall, Chair
Friends of the Truckee Library
Trending In: Announcements
- Hundreds of Incline Village kids participate in annual Halloween-themed event
- Tahoe-Truckee community briefs, week of Dec. 7, 2015
- Tahoe-Truckee Toys for Tots kickoff set for Community Thanksgiving party
- Upcoming events scheduled at Incline Village Library
- Dr. Kim Barnes returns to Pet Network in Incline Village
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump