Sunshine Letter | Nevada County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue thanks the Truckee/North Tahoe community
March 13, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Nevada County Sheriff's Search and Rescue thanks the Truckee/North Tahoe community
NCSSAR would like to thank the Truckee and North Tahoe communities for their generous support and donations at our annual "Stuff the Pack" fundraiser held on Feb. 15.
With the County's budget issues, maintaining the team's equipment cache is done so almost entirely through donations from the public who generously support us. As a 100 percent donation funded organization, our team would not exist without the support of our local community.
Many, many thanks from our team of 120-plus volunteers who regularly put themselves in harm's way in order to search for a missing hiker, mountain biker, skier or rider in Nevada County's sometimes deceptively dangerous backcountry.
Sgt. Sam Brown,
Nevada County Sheriff's Office
Search and Rescue Volunteer Coordinator
Trending In: Announcements
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues