Sunshine Letter: Not all who wander are lost … together we can save lives
August 15, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — A very special thank you to Zano's and The Copy Center for all their hard work and support toward our first fundraiser to benefit suicide awareness. I would like to also extend my sincere gratitude and to thank all of our family and friends who helped to get the incredible donations for the silent auction and raffles and to thank our community for all of the support.
This fund is managed by Charitysmith.org under Clayton McDonnell Memorial Fund. If you would like to donate you may do so online with them.
Money raised will:
Provide scholarships for music programs to those who love the passion as Clay did.
Programs for teens and young adults who are struggling with depression and loneliness to help make them aware that they are never alone through education, counseling, and therapy.
Working along side the intervention/prevention of suicide team and that effective help is available to help those left behind.
Eileen Allen, owner of Closet Cowgirl next to Zano's will be "Paddlin for a Cause" in honor of Clay Sept. 1-31 to benefit suicide awareness and prevention. Please support and sponsor her. Her Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/eileen.allen31?fref=ts.
God Bless, Peace
Trending In: Announcements
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues