Sunshine Letter: Pancake breakfast successful fundraiser
August 15, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Pancake breakfast successful fundraiser
Truckee Fire Charitable Fund would like to extend our thanks to the people of Truckee for the continued success of the Fourth of July pancake breakfast. We successfully raised almost $5,000 this year to continue to fund, the Roy Waters Memorial Scholarship, Sierra Senior Services, our ongoing CPR program, Relay for Life, Glenshire Santa breakfast, and other things that help our community. This year the Fourth was overshadowed by the loss of the 19 firefighters in Arizona, so in that spirit the TFCF is donating $1,000 to the Wildland Firefighters Foundation to help the families of the firefighters cope with this immense loss that will be felt for years.
If you are interested in donating to this cause the website is: wffoundation.org. Truckee Fire supported the Relay for Life Truckee-Tahoe, cooking pancakes, sausage, coffee, orange juice, and eggs.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Public input sought on draft Truckee River Recreational Access Plan
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest