Sunshine Letter | Santa Fly-In roaring success
Ryan Summerlin January 16, 2014
Santa Fly-In roaring success
Thank you to the amazing team that made the 9th Annual Santa Fly-In to the Truckee Tahoe Airport a great success. More than 600 children and families members watched the sky on a crisp winter morning for the spectacular arrival of Santa’s plane, greeted by a Truckee Police car escort, sirens wailing.
Santa emerged from the plane to the cheers of the crowd and proceeded to his special chair by the hearth where he visited with every child, dispensing holiday gifts including storybooks for all the children.
Holiday crafts and yummy treats were enjoyed and children wrote letters to Santa.
Special thanks to the Airport District and staff led by Kevin Smith and Mike Barrett, Pilot Rob Lober, Secret Weapon Gerald Herrick, First 5 Nevada County, the staff and volunteers of the Family Resource Center of Truckee, the KidZone Museum and a wonderful band of community volunteers including The Great Elf Posse.
Thank you to the Tahoe-Truckee community for all your support!!
Ruth Jackson Hall
Early Learning Coordinator, TTUSD
Trending In: Announcements
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer