Sunshine Letter | Santa Fly-In roaring success
January 16, 2014
Santa Fly-In roaring success
Thank you to the amazing team that made the 9th Annual Santa Fly-In to the Truckee Tahoe Airport a great success. More than 600 children and families members watched the sky on a crisp winter morning for the spectacular arrival of Santa’s plane, greeted by a Truckee Police car escort, sirens wailing.
Santa emerged from the plane to the cheers of the crowd and proceeded to his special chair by the hearth where he visited with every child, dispensing holiday gifts including storybooks for all the children.
Holiday crafts and yummy treats were enjoyed and children wrote letters to Santa.
Special thanks to the Airport District and staff led by Kevin Smith and Mike Barrett, Pilot Rob Lober, Secret Weapon Gerald Herrick, First 5 Nevada County, the staff and volunteers of the Family Resource Center of Truckee, the KidZone Museum and a wonderful band of community volunteers including The Great Elf Posse.
Thank you to the Tahoe-Truckee community for all your support!!
Ruth Jackson Hall
Early Learning Coordinator, TTUSD
Trending In: Announcements
- Hundreds of Incline Village kids participate in annual Halloween-themed event
- Tahoe-Truckee community briefs, week of Dec. 7, 2015
- Tahoe-Truckee Toys for Tots kickoff set for Community Thanksgiving party
- Upcoming events scheduled at Incline Village Library
- Dr. Kim Barnes returns to Pet Network in Incline Village
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump