Sunshine Letter | Thanks for ‘Hanging Out and Hooking Up’
February 19, 2014
Thanks for ‘Hanging Out and Hooking Up’
On Saturday, Feb. 8, the Nevada Network Against Domestic Violence (NNADV), in partnership with Tahoe SAFE Alliance, provided a free workshop on Teen Dating Violence for teens and adults who work with teens called “Hanging Out or Hooking Up.” It was a very successful turnout with youth from Truckee High School, Incline High School, school staff, AmeriCorps volunteers and other professionals participating. The “Hanging Out or Hooking Up” workshop is designed to train teens about healthy relationships and relationship abuse prevention. It also focuses on giving teens the tools to facilitate and generate discussion within their peer groups.
T’s Rotisserie, Mofo’s Pizza and Dimaggio’s generously donated enough food to provide lunch for all the participants at the training!
A warm thank you goes out to these Incline Village restaurants. Also, a big thank you to NNADV for providing this training free of charge to North Lake Tahoe.
If you want to learn more about the “Hanging Out or Hooking Up” workshop or NNADV visit http://www.nnadv.org.
If you want to learn more about Tahoe SAFE Alliance visit http://www.tahoesafealliance.org.
Tahoe SAFE Alliance
Trending In: Announcements
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village