Third annual Tahoe Teddy Bear picnic scheduled
July 29, 2013
Tahoe’s Connection for Families’ third annual Teddy Bear Picnic will take place Sunday, Aug. 11, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Aspen Grove in Incline Village.
This fun family event is a teddy bear-themed extravaganza featuring arts and crafts, bear cookie decorating, a bounce house, a bear hair salon, a bear doctor, a bear dentist, a bear camping and fishing area, bear story time and much more.
Children are encouraged to bring their teddy bears to join in on a bear-y good time.
A $10 entrance fee includes unlimited access to bounce house and teddy bear-themed booths and activities. Food and drink is available for purchase.
“This event is loads of fun for kids and parents alike. Through fun play activities, we help educate our youngest citizens about bear awareness in the Tahoe community,” said TCF director Laurean Meyer.
The Tahoe Teddy Bear Picnic brings locals and visitors together to celebrate bears, Tahoe-style.With more than 200 people in attendance last year, the event is sure to be a great place to mingle with friends and get to know other families in the community.
Proceeds from the event support TCF, a nonprofit organization in Incline Village that offers parenting education and early childhood development programs for families with infants and toddlers up to pre-school.
For information call 775-832-8230 or visit http://www.tcfkids.org.
Trending In: Announcements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway