Tom McClintock to hold Truckee town hall meeting
May 7, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — California Congressman Tom McClintock will participate in two events in Truckee on Thursday, May 2, his office recently announced.
At noon, he will speak at the Truckee Rotary Club Luncheon at the Truckee Recreational Center, 8924 Donner Pass Road, Truckee. Then, at 6 p.m., the congressman will hold a town hall meeting at the Truckee Tahoe Airport Community Room, 10356 Truckee Airport Road. The public is invited to attend.
Furthermore, McClintock’s office will join with representatives from Nevada and Placer counties to hold a Veterans Resource Day in Truckee on May 22 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event will be held at Truckee Town Hall, 10183 Truckee Airport Road.
According to a press release, the event will provide veterans with the information they need to access benefits from the Veterans Affairs Administration. Representatives from the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars will be on hand to assist active-duty military, wounded warriors and military families.
McClintock represents California’s 4th district, which ncompasses parts or all of the following counties: Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Fresno, Madera, Mariposa, Nevada and Placer.
Trending In: Announcements
- Tahoe-Truckee Toys for Tots kickoff set for Community Thanksgiving party
- Kern Schumacher named Community Philanthropist of the Year
- Truckee Boy Scouts Christmas tree lot opens Friday at Mountain Hardware
- Bowl For Families raises more than $20K
- Incline rotary club gets $42,000 grant for Tanzania x-ray equipment
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- Northstar California appoints Nadia Guerriero as new GM
- Reno real estate: A look back, and a look ahead at the housing market
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)