Truckee’s Chili Cook Off a blast
June 23, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The 5th Annual Truckee Sunrise Rotary Chili Cook Off was a huge success on Saturday, June 22 at the Truckee River Regional Park. More than 11 contestants cooked up some fabulous chili. The competition was fierce and it was a close call for the judges. Bill’s Rotisserie took first prize and The Coffeebar took second in the restaurant category. The Old Farts took first prize for People’s Choice and Bill’s Rotisserie took second for this category as well. The community category was won by Gas House Chili, and second place went to the Truckee Fire Department.
The weather was fantastic and everyone enjoyed chili, hot dogs and beer. The Latin funk band, “Drinking with Clowns,” played all afternoon.
All proceeds from the event go toward Truckee Sunrise Rotary activities and the KidZone Museum. A big thanks to all sponsors, contestants, judges, and the attendees. Thanks to their efforts Truckee Sunrise Rotary can continue to provide local and international service.
Trending In: Announcements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway