California 89 celebrates one-year anniversary
December 24, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — A Bay Area transplant, California 89 owner Lisa Gotts moved to Truckee eight years ago and opened up shop Dec. 22, 2013.
California 89 turns 1-year-old this month, and was named New Business of the Year by the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce in October. With only one year under its belt, the shop has already become an integral part of Truckee.
California 89's locally inspired inventory consists of active wear for men, women and kids to keep the whole family comfortable and stylish during their outdoor adventures. The shop also carries fun graphic cell phone covers, hats, tote bags, beer and wine glasses.
As a way of celebrating the holidays and one year in business, anyone can receive 30 percent off one full-priced item through Jan. 9. Get the coupon by going to the California 89 Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/California89 and clicking on the promotion.
Lisa is affiliated with multiple charitable organizations, including High Fives Non-Profit Foundation, Tahoe Fund, and Girls on the Run.
California 89 sells co-branded High Fives T-shirts, and 50 percent of the proceeds go to High Fives. Lisa is a member of the Founder's Circle of the Tahoe Fund, which supports environmental improvement projects. In addition, Lisa is a coach for Girls on the Run, an organization that inspires young girls to be joyful, healthy and confident while creatively integrating running.
Drop by California 89 at 10156 Donner Pass Road in Truckee, or visit http://california89.com.
Trending In: Business
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?