Celebrate 10 years with Tahoe Adventure Company
June 6, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — In the summer of 2004, Kevin Hickey guided his first guests over the clear waters and boulder fields of Sand Harbor State Park, describing the rich natural and human history of the area and promoting the idea that the best adventures are indeed human-powered.
Ten years later, Tahoe Adventure Company has grown from a handful of kayaks to an entire fleet of equipment geared toward adventure, from snowshoes to mountain bikes to corporate team-building tools. Despite its growth over the years, Tahoe Adventure Company is still “Inspiring High Sierra Adventures” by providing guests with outdoor experiences that can only be accessed by their own physical and mental motivation.
This experience is enriched by a crew of professional, knowledgeable and friendly guides. Kerry Andras paddled out with TAC that very first summer, and remains one of the Company’s veteran guides. Also at the core of the Tahoe Adventure Company story is co-owner Katie Hickey.
“Katie really talked me into it,” said Kevin. “She was always really involved in the planning.” Now married with a 3 year-old daughter, the two work together to maintain a variety of custom-designed adventure offerings in addition to regularly scheduled tours and rentals at their locations in Tahoe Vista and Truckee.
With years of backcountry leadership experience, Kevin knows how important it is to respect one’s natural surroundings: “We really encourage ‘Leave No Trace’ principles with our guests, and help them to learn the skills that are key to safely enjoying the experience.”
From leisurely “Discover Paddleboarding” tours to advanced-level mountain biking trips, adventures are accessible to all levels of experience. What remains constant in all of Tahoe Adventure Company offerings is a strong educational aspect. They want guests to walk away with new knowledge of Tahoe’s natural and human history, in addition to a fun outing.
If you are looking for an adventure to put on the calendar this summer? See website for Anniversary Specials, with reservations available http://www.TahoeAdventureCompany.com or by calling 530-913-9212.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe-Truckee shopping: Holiday gear gift ideas for women
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley
- Tahoe casino gaming win dips in October; South Shore down 22 percent
- Tahoe Market Pulse: Looking at the markets, post election
- Alebrijes brings fusion of Mexican color, taste to Incline Village
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell