Cheers for Charity spring success at Petra
July 3, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Once again this spring, Petra Wine Bar and Shoppe in the Northstar Village opened its doors to local not-for-profit organizations.
Cheers for Charity is an event concept created by Kali Kopley, one of the owners of Uncorked and Petra. The concept utilized Petra’s kitchen, wines and unique space during the shoulder season to give back to the community. Petra hosted the organizations’ guests for an evening of dinner and wine tasting for the all-inclusive price of $40 per person, with 50 percent of the proceeds and 10 percent of the wine bottle sales from that evening are given back to the support the community.
Petra’s signature dishes were served alongside a Chardonnay from the Loire Valley of France and a Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley, Ore. to create wonderful dining experience. After dinner everyone gathered on the patio fire pit for s’mores, and to celebrate a casual evening of fundraising.
This spring The Tahoe City Rotary Club, North Lake Tahoe Truckee Leadership, Tahoe Youth Ballet, and Tahoe City Downtown Association benefited from a fun evening of dining and wine pairing at Petra.
Christin Hanna of Tahoe Youth Ballet said, “Petra’s intimate, elegant setting hosted a wonderful evening that brought together our organization’s integral supporters over a delicious food and wine pairing. Tahoe Youth Ballet is truly grateful for their support.”
If your organization is interested in participating in Cheers for Charity, email email@example.com.
Trending In: Business
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley
- Tahoe Market Pulse: Looking at the markets, post election
- Tahoe-Truckee shopping: Holiday gear gift ideas for women
- Raley’s grocery store planned for Truckee; ‘this location is just perfect’
- Tahoe Market Pulse: Be part of the solution, not the problem
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell
- Squaw Valley issues statement on upper mountain water quality
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form