Dec. 12 Truckee discussion: Future of libraries in the digital age
November 30, 2016
Tahoe Silicon Mountain, a network of technology professionals who live and work in the Tahoe-Truckee area, is pleased to welcome Tara Radniecki and Chrissy Klenke to present: “Beyond Books: How Libraries of the Digital Age Can Foster Innovation and Entrepreneurship.”
Libraries have always been a place where anyone with the desire to learn could access knowledge in their community. Historically quiet study spaces providing access to books and journals, cutting edge libraries are now a more vibrant hub of learning, collaboration, and innovation where 3D printers and laser cutters can be found alongside books.
Tara Radniecki, Engineering Librarian, and Chrissy Klenke, Geosciences Librarian, at the DeLaMare Science & Engineering Library at the University of Nevada, Reno, work with students, faculty, and members of the greater northern Nevada community to find information, prototype innovations, develop new literacies, and support teaching and learning on campus.
Radniecki and Klenke will discuss how the DeLaMare Library has recently transformed into a space that truly fosters learning, innovation, and entrepreneurship by providing not only on-site and lending maker equipment, but also expert consultations on 3D modeling, design, intellectual property and more.
Visit library.unr.edu/DeLaMare to learn more.
The meeting will be on Monday, Dec. 12, 6-8 p.m. at Pizza on the Hill, in Tahoe Donner at 11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee.
A $5 fee includes pizza and salad. Before and after the presentation, there will be time for networking with other technology professionals who live and work in the Tahoe-Truckee region. The event will also be livestreamed and available online as it happens on YouTube: bit.ly/YouTubeTSM.
This article was provided by Tahoe Silicon Mountain. Visit tahoesiliconmountain.com to learn more.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Business
- Reno-Tahoe flooding, snow, road closures hinder transportation industry
- Trio of Tahoe-Truckee ski companies stomping their claim in the Sierra
- Nevada’s casino industry turns profit for first time since 2008
- Tahoe skiing: 8-13 feet of snow recorded in four days at upper elevations
- Tahoe Market Pulse: Stocks that may be 2017’s best performers
- Lake Tahoe weather: Are you ready for round three of snow and wind?
- Lake Tahoe weather: First storm wave begins Wednesday; are you prepared?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Incline officials urge residents to be prepared
- Lake Tahoe weather: What to know about storm updates on social media
- Lake Tahoe weather: 21 inches of snow at Sugar Bowl; chain controls in effect