Dirk Skillicorn chooses Boice O’Neal Realty
January 17, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Boice O'Neal Realty recently announced the addition of Dirk Skillicorn to its team of residential real estate professionals. With offices in Tahoe City, Tahoe Donner and historic downtown Truckee, Boice O'Neal leverages region-wide market wisdom and relationships cultivated more than 40 years of service in the area.
After a successful 15-year PGA career, Skillicorn became a professional real estate agent in 2010.
"When you live and work in an exceptionally beautiful world-class location, sharing the positive family lifestyle and adventurous spirit with potential new homeowners is enjoyable and very satisfying," said Skillicorn, who has in-depth knowledge of Tahoe's golf course communities and outdoor activities. In 2000, he opened and ran Coyote Moon, and in 2007 he opened The Golf Club at Gray's Crossing.
"Helping others find a perfect place to buy is a strong passion of mine because I know I'm ultimately helping them embark on a lifelong journey that will include awe-inspiring views and outdoor activities," noted Skillicorn. While his heart has always been in California, Skillicorn traveled throughout the United States as a competitive baseball player while enrolled at the University of Nebraska. Yearning to return to his home state, he transferred to UC Santa Barbara.
Growing up in Los Altos, Calif., Skillicorn often found opportunities to visit North Lake Tahoe and Truckee, and in 2000 he chose to make Truckee his home. Today he and his wife enjoy the great outdoors with their 5-year-old daughter. In addition to playing golf, he is an avid backcountry skier and mountain biker and volunteers as a big brother with the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County and North Lake Tahoe.
"It is a pleasure to operate without the restraints of a national franchise and we're finding that being independent allows us to attract the best agents," said Bill Whitehead, owner of Boice O'Neal. "Dirk brings extraordinary talents to our team."
"It's not what you buy, it's how you live," said Skillicorn, who chose Boice O'Neal Realty because he wants to be part of an exceptional team of top-tier professionals.
About Boice O'Neal Realty
Boice O'Neal Realty is an independently owned and operated residential real estate group serving North Lake Tahoe and Truckee, with offices in Tahoe City, Tahoe Donner and historic downtown Truckee, plus approximately 50 active agents. For more information call the Tahoe City office at 80-222-5202, reach Tahoe Donner at 800-545-7955 or call the downtown Truckee office at 530-582-6112.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Why does the town of Truckee not require business licenses?
- Construction workers harder to find in Nothern Nevada as need increases
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe skiing: 8-13 feet of snow recorded in four days at upper elevations
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie