Elizabeth Carmel’s photographic prints chosen for HGTV dream home
January 31, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — HGTV decorator Linda Woodrum has selected four of Truckee-based landscape photographer Elizabeth Carmel’s Lake Tahoe prints for the HGTV’s 2014 showcase dream home.
The 2014 HGTV Dream Home, to be given away in the HGTV sweepstakes, is located in the Shaffer’s Mill Development and designed by Ward-Young Architects.
Proceeds from tours of the home benefit the Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation.
Woodrum selected “Night Journey,” “Clearing Fog,” “Winter Sunset,” and “Silver and Gold II” from Carmel’s black and white collection of Lake Tahoe prints. They are featured in an upstairs landing / seating area of the home.
Elizabeth Carmel releases her fine art photographs in small editions. She does her own printing and can print in any size on canvas or fine art paper.
She is the author of two coffee table landscape photographic books: “Brilliant Waters” (selected as the best gift book of 2006 by the San Francisco Chronicle Book Review) and the “Changing Range of Light.” Carmel also pens a column for Outdoor Photography magazine.
See more of Elizabeth’s fine art at the Carmel Gallery at 9940 Donner Pass Road in downtown Commercial Row in Truckee and at 1329 Lincoln Ave. in downtown Calistoga.
More information is available at http://www.elizabethcarmel.com.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe-Truckee shopping: Holiday gear gift ideas for women
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley
- Tahoe casino gaming win dips in October; South Shore down 22 percent
- Tahoe Market Pulse: Looking at the markets, post election
- Alebrijes brings fusion of Mexican color, taste to Incline Village
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell