Former American Express exec new Squaw Valley chief marketing officer
September 26, 2013
OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif. — Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, LLC, the parent company of Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows ski resorts, announced the appointment of Cara Whitley as the company's new chief marketing officer.
Whitley will assume responsibility for all of the company's marketing and sales functions, including brand marketing, advertising, public relations, CRM, loyalty programs, sales efforts and strategic alliances, reporting directly to the company's CEO Andy Wirth. Whitley comes to Squaw Valley Ski Holdings with more than 15 years of marketing, strategy and business development experience in travel, financial services and retail-related industries. Her appointment as chief marketing officer is effective as of Sept. 25.
"Ms. Whitley brings with her a wealth of knowledge, variety of skill sets and vast experience, and we're thrilled to have her join our executive team," said Wirth. "As we continue to advance the position of Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows as a premier mountain vacation destination, we are confident that Cara is just the person to help us achieve this goal."
Whitley joins the Squaw Valley team from American Express, where she served as vice president, strategy and business development for the company's U.S. loyalty group, overseeing key strategic initiatives and partnership development in the U.S.
Prior to joining American Express, Whitley held leadership positions with Hilton Hotels Corporation, Epsilon and several advertising agencies including Grey Advertising. At Hilton, Whitley led all international loyalty efforts and the global partnership teams through three corporate acquisitions and one merger. She was part of the leadership team that oversaw the launch of the award-winning Hilton HHonors program in four new brands and more than 2,500 hotels within the U.S. While at Epsilon, Whitley held a general manager position overseeing the strategic development and launch of two loyalty pilot programs for major retailers in the U.S. and Canada.
Cara has a bachelor's of science degree from the University of Miami, Florida.
"It's an exciting time to be working with these legendary resorts and to be joining such a talented management team," said Whitley. "I'm looking forward to leading the marketing programs for these premier resort destinations and helping introduce them to a whole new group of skiers and riders."
A passionate skier since age 4, Whitley's relocation to Lake Tahoe will keep her on the slopes.
Visit http://www.squaw.com for more information.
Trending In: Business
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee businesses impacted by storms may qualify for federal loans
- Vail Resorts buys Vermont’s Stowe resort for $50 million
- Social Buzz: A look at projected new-age trends for 2017
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week