Free ‘Digital Marketing 101’ seminar in Tahoe City next week
November 2, 2016
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — The Tahoe City Downtown Association, First Chair Digital Marketing and Sierra Small Business Development Center are partnering to offer a free Small Business Workshop next week.
"Digital Marketing 101 + Claim Your Business at VisitTahoeCity.com" will take place 8-10 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 9, at the Tahoe City Public Utility District Board Room (221 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City).
For a business to succeed in today's world, it is important to have a strong digital footprint within the internet.
Digital marketing is an essential skill in 2016. Smart businesses are using websites, social media, search engines, email, mobile phones, etc., to reach new customers, increase sales and free up valuable resources.
After the workshop, you'll walk away with a better understanding of internet marketing, and you'll even learn how to get a free full business page on the VisitTahoeCity.com website. Claim your page so Google will find you.
Workshop topics will include: elements of a modern website, SEO and keyword research, social media best practices, content marketing, and web analytics.
This workshop will be co-taught by Kevin Wallner and Jessica Carr. Kevin Wallner is a Truckee-based marketing consultant, and founder of First Chair Digital Marketing. Wallner is a strategic thinker with over a decade of professional experience, including training as a WordPress developer and computer programmer, and he maintains a Google Analytics certification.
Carr is Program Manager at the Sierra Small Business Development Center at Sierra Business Council, and specializes in social media strategy. Carr has worked for small businesses and nonprofits all over Northern California.
All TCDA members, non-members, residents and visitors are welcome to attend. Register at tinyurl.com/TCDADigital; seating is limited.
This article was provided by the Tahoe City Downtown Association. Visit visittahoecity.org to learn more.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Little progress made in resolving Tahoe’s Cal Neva bankruptcy issues
- Rye Patch mines old ground for new gold in north central Nevada
- And the winners are: Best Of North Tahoe & Truckee 2016 results
- Four reasons social media is one of the best places to advertise online
- Vote now in the 2016 Best Of North Lake Tahoe & Truckee contest!
- Researchers discover three new toad species in Nevada’s Great Basin
- Truckee Donner Land Trust and Nature Conservancy secure another piece of the Sierra
- Former Truckee officer charged with multiple counts of assault
- Detwiler Fire Update: 76,500 acres burned in Mariposa County; 50 percent containment
- Clearly Tahoe offers new perspective of Lake Tahoe with clear kayaks