Free workshop focusing on barriers to business adaptation
October 18, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Sierra Climate Adaptation and Mitigation Partnership (Sierra CAMP) is hosting a free interactive, discussion-based workshop next week titled “Sierra Nevada Regional Stakeholder Workshop: Overcoming Barriers to Adaptation.”
The event is set for 1-5 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26, at Truckee Town Hall.
According to a news release, the workshop will allow attendees to better understand financial and organizational barriers that local governments in California face in implementing adaptation strategies.
“This workshop will provide opportunities to learn about financing needs in California, practical opportunities for funding adaptation, what institutional and organizational barriers hinder work on adaptation, and how to move your organization to higher levels of capacity to advance adaptation,” according to the event. “Participants will share their own experience and challenges with financing and implementing adaptation strategies at the local level.”
Sierra CAMP touts itself as “a public-private, cross-sector partnership working to promote climate adaptation and mitigation strategies across the Sierra Nevada region.”
It’s managed by the Sierra Business Council, “under the strategic guidance of the Sierra CAMP Steering Committee.” Visit sbcsierracamp.org to learn more.
Free Truckee workshop focusing on barriers to business adaptation
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe-Truckee shopping: Holiday gear gift ideas for women
- Tahoe casino gaming win dips in October; South Shore down 22 percent
- Truckee-based Squeeze In opens Vegas restaurant; 50 branches eyed by 2020
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley
- Alebrijes brings fusion of Mexican color, taste to Incline Village
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Reno real estate: A look back, and a look ahead at the housing market
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain